Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
 32 foot WW2 Aircraft carrier >

32 foot WW2 Aircraft carrier

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

32 foot WW2 Aircraft carrier

Old 06-08-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 foot WW2 Aircraft carrier

hey me and a couple of friends have recently compleated a 32 foot WW2 aircraft carrier.
it is based on the planes of Germanys only aircraft carrier teh Graft Zepplin
she is fully working with full RC capabilities but you can also place 2 people inside

here are the stats
Power: 2 Volvo 500 Horce power marine engins, conected to 4 3 bladed skrews
lenght32 feet
width: 10 feet
hight: 23 feet
Armament: 16 × Sk. 15 cm. guns
6× Flak (10.5 cm)
10 × Flak (3.7 cm)
12 × Flak (2.0 cm)
Aircraft carried: Complement of 25
10 × Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighters
5 × Junkers Ju 87 dive bombers
10 × Fieseler Fi 167 torpedo bombers

Armament are modified airsoft guns
planes are 100% RC operational with bomb and C02 powered torpedos and folding wings

all planes can be placed on deck but via elevator they can be placed in the hold
planes move around the hangar deck by means of a robotic tow system, totaly otomated (took me 3 mounts to get the programing done) each aircraft is assigned a number whitch is read by a sensor on the tow rig the tow rig can then move each aircraft into its spot. also the hangar deck can be viewed from inside the super strukcher.

Crew placement 2
1inside the superstrucker
2 inside the enging room or he can pop out the hatch and fly the planes from there.

when in RC capabilities laching and landing are achived via wierless camera, when landing the piolt lines up the nose peice with the camera then takes her in for the landing, the aresting wire is eslastic and incase of a ditch the ship can pick up the airplanes by using a camera operated crane on the back of the ship under the deck. for safty reasons the airplanes are 100% water proof and float.

Now the question I pose to you is. is it fesible to take RC combat to a whole new level by building a fleet of these ships. I would love to see a 27 foot bismark. it would revolutionize the meaning of Big Gun Combat. now for those who say its going to cost a lot of money your wrong. our total expence including the aircraft was 3,000$ it would of coure be more expensive if you scratch build it. we found an old 32 foot sailboat and convertied it into the "Graft Zeppllin"
now for combat you can follow the same rules as big gun combat and try to sink it yet the salvage cost would be emence so what i propose is using paint ball guns and set up targets on the ship linked to shut off sencors. say a bomb hit the sencor above the turet, the sencor would then shut off the C02 to that turrret. as for torpedos the hull can simmilarly be equiped. these sencor can be as thin as paper. we are experimenting with these at the moment bombing a "battle ship" realy just a row boat with the sencors.

also we have made huge improvments on the torpedoes. when there done there run they float to the surface and sit there till we pick them up and there are easy mantanenes and are refilable. we have a RC loading system for the planes but its a bit iffy at times so we load them before they fly.

So remember the question, is it fesiable to have RC combat with ships this size.

we are already planing our next Ship, (27 foot) Bismark) [>:]
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 AM
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: 32 foot WW2 Aircraft carrier

HOW ABOUT SOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:32 AM

will du
Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 AM

here is the general out line of the ship

Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Sounds cool! Love to see it. However, I have to ask. Any particular reason why you picked 1/29.6 scale instead of the 1/20 scale that some other very large scale warships are using and exist in (look for the Graf Spee, for instance) that you could sail with? Or a more common scale like 1/35, 1/48?

As for R/C combat - are you sure you really want holes shot in your ship and for it to sink (the main thing in RC Model Warship Combat)? How would you recover it? What about damage to engines and fuel system and leakage (we only use electric motors for that reason)?

If you want to know what RC Model Warship Combat is all about, you might want to read the Servo Magazine article on the North Texas Battle Group web site (look under NTXBG n the News), click on Article The NTXBG site is here: [link=http://www.ntxbg.org/]www.ntxbg.org/[/link]

Would love to see pictures/video of your ship, or see her in action. You are certainly welcome to bring her to NABGO to show off (the North American Big Gun Open, this year's site for the Big Gun Model Warship Combat Nationals). See:[link=http://www.nabgo.org]www.nabgo.org[/link]

Cheers,

Wreno
Old 06-08-2008, 01:33 PM

If you're not going to sink, you might as well be playing video games.

Nice work, though, & I look forward to photos & video!

JM
Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM

as i have said above shooting holes in it might not be the best for it, and for the scale we work with what we get, there is an old 27foot cabin cruser and it will work.
as for RC Combat I am well versed in the operation of Big gun combat as I have 4 convoy ships, 2 battle ships, 1 crusier, and 1 aircraft carier.
as in regards to coming to NABGO.
thanks pictures to follow soon( have to get bataries for my camera"
Old 06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Graft Zeppelin
pictures to follow soon( have to get bataries for my camera"
You mean you have spent months or years building this beheamouth and never thought to take a photo? [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
My Feedback: (1)

pics
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 AM

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Perhaps its sitting on the bottom of the Baltic...
Old 06-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Banned

Man that is freeekin AWSOME, can l have it ? !!!!!!!! PLEASE ! PLEASE WITH ANYTHING U WANT ON TOP !

You have gotta get some pic's, or better yet some rolling video, PLEAAAAAAAASE !

You could mount a 50cal to that sucker, really piss any other RC pilots off for entering u r air space ! LOL !
Old 06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

l keep looking in here for an update, what are you guys at sea or sumf ! Nuking bad ****'s in the RC planes ! Bring us some pic's you ledgends, to build that and not photo its build, l just wanna slap you, no no sry, pic's please, LOL , but sheesh its killin me, get a camera and rolling film a walk through it ay, really impress us all, or is it all just a hoax ?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

What the !

Are you sailing this boat or sumf, building it maybe, dreaming probably, are you a real person, were you just wishfull thinking, am l a smacktard for asking for pic's a month later ?
Or are you for not bothering ?
Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 PM

Probably hasn't checked back since. I occasionally forget to check some forums for weeks at a time.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:33 AM

I believe this was just a joke guys, I think that was apparent after the suggestion of twin 500 horsepower engines..
"2 Volvo 500 Horce power marine engins" With the exception of the lolcat like spelling
Old 06-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Graft Zeppelin
pictures to follow soon( have to get bataries for my camera"
Three weeks later and still no pics? Maybe you should have spent all that money on a new camera!![>:]
Old 06-29-2008, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: miniz33

I believe this was just a joke guys, I think that was apparent after the suggestion of twin 500 horsepower engines..
"2 Volvo 500 Horce power marine engins" With the exception of the lolcat like spelling
I hope you're wrong. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time & money on a 1:10 scale IOWA that's powered by 4 blown 426ci hemis, & can shoot horse turds over a mile!

Gotta' keep that arms race going!

JM
Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Banned

Only a total retard would post such a long thread starter for it to be a joke, not very funny in anycase, pretty pisspoor effort all round really, to claim to have built it already and have no pic's, totally stupid or what ?
He didnt start this thread on aplril 1st, so what gives ? Just stupid maybe ?