Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Swampworks

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Swampworks

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swampworks

Who's buying up the molds and other goodies in the shop?

-Original Message-

Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:33 PM
To: SeawaysShipmodelingListyahoogroups.com
Subject: SSL: Sale of Model Warship kit business....

To all Model Ship builders and Model Ship kit, parts, and equipment manufacturers and sellers.....

The Model Ship kit manufacturing business known as SWAMPWORKS MFG. Is going to be put up for Sale-Auction in the very near future.

SWAMPWORKS MFG. has been in existence since 1988 to serve the needs of the R/C Model Warship Combat hobby. All kits are based on 1/144 scale WWI and WWII military vessels. Several national clubs with numerous local chapters have regular competitions and weekend battles each year throughout the US and Canada. You can see much info about one of the largest Combat Model clubs at www.mwci.org

The Sale of Swampworks Mfg. Will include the business name, the website, all hard assets (Molds, masters, tooling, jigs, patterns, some remaining inventory, etc.), vendor lists, and much intellectual material.

As many of you already know, Swampworks has been out of business for the last 3 years. This was because in 2005 I came across a much more lucrative business opportunity and had to jump in that direction. I was simply unable to run both businesses and the Swampworks model business was made dormant at the end of 2005.

At this time I'm really in need of more workshop space for expansion of my current business and need to get out from under all the old model ship molds, parts, jigs, inventory, etc..... I either have to sell it, or have it moved to a storage unit somewhere and pay rent just to get it out of the way. I'd much prefer to sell it outright to somebody who will want to get it up and running again to service the hobby of R/C Model Warship Combat.

For those who might be interested in taking on a model kit making enterprise you can E-mail me at [email protected].

I will E-mail you back a link to the Swampworks Sale-Auction page.... which has links to the old Swampworks website and details of how the sale will proceed. If you ask, I'll also E-mail you Word files with a full breakdown of what is involved with the business, a full inventory of hard assets and intellectual material that would go with the sale.

I am trying to spread the word about this impending Sale to as many people in the Model Ship hobby and manufacturing realm as possible. I would ask that anyone reading this who would like to see Swampworks line of products being made available again to PLEASE forward this message and-or post it on any other forums, club lists, etc, that you might belong to. The more people that know about the coming sale, the more likely that I can sell it and the products will be available again...

Many Thanks and best to all,

Steve "Swampy" Milholland
Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 AM
kotori

Default RE: Swampworks

From my understanding, Swampy hasn't arranged a buyer yet; he's searching for one. This isn't the first time he's tried to sell the business, either.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
kclank

http://www.strikemodels.com/
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
battleshipbud

Swampy was bought by Strike Models out in Cali. I have seen some of their hulls and WOW !!
Now I have also seen some of the other products and I will seay they are doing well.
Buddy
Old 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
SNOWTANK

I have a Missouri Hull and some parts from Strikemodels. It's an excellent kit. The wooden decks are great quality, the hull is superb.