Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Why is the New Classified System Better than the Old?

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Why is the New Classified System Better than the Old?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 09:49 PM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is the New Classified System Better than the Old?

Many of you have asked why we moved the classifieds to a new system. Here are some of the reasons:

1. On forum-based classifieds, you had to read thread titles and guess whether an ad was for something you wanted. In the new system, you can click the "Advanced Search" link in the search box (upper left). From that search, you can find stuff quickly and accurately. You can search by: manufacturer, product name, price range, location, and other parameters.

2. On forum-based classifieds, you ad could become quickly buried under a mountain of other ads. On RCU, you can create a "Featured" ad and guarantee that it will be on top.

3. On forum-based classifieds, a simple reply post boosts another member's ad on top, simply because someone replied. In our system, the only way to scoot back up to the top is to EARN IT by discounting your price by at least 10%. This way, a boost up means something to shoppers.

4. On forum-based classifieds, there is no way to sort your search results. In the new system, you can filter cars, boats, airplanes and heli's by their build type (like RTR or ARF).

5. Forum-based ads often leave out important information about the product leading to back and forth discussion that is unnecessary many times. Ads are free form and sometimes difficult to read through. In our system, the format is consistent and you KNOW where everything is (like shipping info, product condition, price, reason for selling etc.).

6. The new system give you the option to use a stock photo and stock specs. This makes ad creation easier.

7. When searching on the forum, you can search for products in a certain condition (like "new in box" or "used-excellent" to limit your search of products.

8. The new site provides a "drill down" way of searching. Our "X-Ray" search technology displays ALL ads in a general category (like Helicopters) and then filters the list as you click on sub-categories. This way, folks who like to just browse, can see everything in the first click to a category and those looking more specifically can drill in. The listing pages give you an instant look at each product in the category you are searching, with the username, price, location and "commercial ad" designation if appropriate.

Once you get to know the tools of the new system, we think you'll appreciate its superior ability to handle large volumes of ads.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:30 PM
jjmretired
My Feedback: (15)

How do you check a member's ratings?
Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 AM
Zero
My Feedback: (42)

Where do I go to view my past and expired ads so I can relist them?
Old 04-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Duplicator41
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Zero
Where do I go to view my past and expired ads so I can relist them?
How do I go to just my ads so I can edit them
Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM
geebeeman
My Feedback: (21)

How do you make a secret offer?
Old 04-28-2018, 03:25 PM
geebeeman

Put it back like it was- don't fix something that isn't broken!!!!!
Old 04-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Duplicator41

So far I've found the new classified system much more cumbersome and difficult to use than the old. At least bring back the feature if going directly to all my ads.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:20 AM
Skip
My Feedback: (76)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate this new system. I have been a member for over 10 years and I find this system miserable. Please fix it. I like to look for unbuilt kits and am getting frustrated. I fear you will lose many members if changes aren't made soon. RC groups is much more user friendly.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:46 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

You guys realize that you opened a Forum started in 2003 with no responses until 2018? It was a great sales pitch back in 2003! RCU administration gave ALL of the reasons that it switched in 2003 from a Forum Based Classified System!! They seem to have forgotten all of those reasons!! I dislike the new 2018 market classified system. I hate the fact that I now have to sort through informational and discussion forum threads from classified thread ads! ON the good side, I continue to sell my small stuff on e...B....a....y and I have found a deal on RCG that I would have never found had it not been for the RCU cluster F*ck of a new classified system. I now skim through RCG every morning and don't spend as much time on RCU anymore.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 05-03-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:34 PM
USA DREAM

Default No to New

IMHO the old market place was much better and easy to use. This one is more complicated plus more like money making system for rcuniverse.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:07 PM
kyleandtavion
My Feedback: (64)

Angry Horrible system

Man I have bought and sold so much stuff on RCU and this new format is the worse I have every used on any forum. It is so confusing and impossible to navigate the old system was amazing and easy to use. This one is something that a middle school kid came up with on his own website to sell some pokemon. Please change it back otherwise your gonna kill this page.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 AM
jdecker
My Feedback: (2)

Default Someone needs to fire your IT department

All of this monkeying around with your web platform only serves to confuse and make the user make more key strokes. It's counter intuitive so therefore I know it was designed by an IT geek. Someone that never uses the platform. These massive WEIRD changes will spell the death of this website. Pity.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:37 AM
geebeeman

Change it back to the way it was!!!!!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Crash P51
My Feedback: (59)

What happens to your add after so many days?
Is it thrown in the trash?
Do you have to re-do the entire add all over again?????????
Old 05-19-2018, 06:57 PM
shawn45
My Feedback: (77)

the person who made this change SOULD BE FIRED
Old 06-16-2018, 10:56 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Came back here after a long absence. Used to be daily visitor. New classifieds have not improved. See you in perhaps a few months.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:46 AM
Crash P51
My Feedback: (59)

Talking

Old Bell South motto:::::::::::: If it works let's change it !! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 06-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Bluffman

Old 06-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Bluffman

The new market place is a total waste of time, no warbirds section, or if there is one, it’s laborious to find, my recommendation would be to go back to the old system, if I was a paying advertisers I would dump your site, until it returns to the old format, I will now only search rcgroups for sale items. Ian 10 year member
Old 06-17-2018, 05:53 PM
jmatusic
My Feedback: (16)

New version sucks
Old 06-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Snow Shoe
My Feedback: (201)

Anyone know how to find new market ad's URL/listing number?
Used to be prominently displayed on old ad's but also there was a direct feedback link in ad.
Now there is no direct individual ad feedback link and you have to enter non-displayed ad#'s?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Bluffman

Will not be back to this classified site till it returns to the old system, if I was a seller I would be pulling my ads and putting them on the other site. Good luck rcuniverse
Old 07-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Bluffman

At the flying field, the consensus is Rc universe classifieds is I total waste of time. Ian
Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 PM
hitn_handle

Hi, I agree with everyone. This new system is not working. I just tried several times to make an offer on an airplane and my private message didn't go through at all. The only thing I could do was post a public message but there was no option to make a dollar offer like the old system. Put it back the way it was!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:42 PM
SPACE COWBOY

I'm a long-time member with 171 100% Positive feedback ratings. I just posted an ad with this quote "Check my ratings and buy with confidence!" I looked over at my screen name: space cowboy, and saw a "0" under ratings!!! What's going on with you guys? I used to love RCU, but now I'm like "Where did my ratings go?" I spent TONS of time, making sure that I did everything in my power to be a top-rated buyer and seller, going the extra mile, even if it cost ME time and money! Now you drop all my ratings to "0" on the "New" RCU? Let me know when you hire some REAL Professionals to get this site back on track! Until then, you'll find me on RC Groups, Flying Giants, RC Scalebuilder, and yes, Ebay! Get it together, people! PS: It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to search this site without getting a headache or worse! Sometimes, NEWER isn't BETTER! The old format was easy and FUN! I MISS RCU!

Last edited by SPACE COWBOY; 07-11-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: text

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.