Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Monokote Neon Yellow HELP

Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Monokote Neon Yellow HELP

Old 12-11-2014, 07:03 AM
balsabrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote Neon Yellow HELP

I have been trying to use Monokote Neon Yellow on a Open wing. I have played with the temp. Using heat the would melt the adhesive off the covering. I have turned the temp down to 225F. The covering now sticks to the wood so when you pull it off there is a little balsa on the covering. Now then it comes time to shrink down the film. Using the iron with a sock the monokote starts to shrink but I doesn't get the wrinkled out that come it when the heat is applied.

I then turned the heat up to 240F and wrinkles still didn't come out. Now I've turned the heat up to 260F and the adhesive is starting to come off the back side of the monokote and creating a bare shot.

I have used 2 different rolls bought at different places so its not the product

I have used Monokote in the past with great result. This letter is in No Way mint to bash or question Monokotes quality of product.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank You. Balasbrat

This is my first post. Pardon any screw-ups.