Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV 58-CD - No Power - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:25 AM
coyote
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV 58-CD - No Power - HELP

I have a new RCV58-CD mounted in a Lanier Razor. Engine is mounted vertically with 2/3 of the cylinder and head exposed outside of the cowl and a large cooling hole in the cowl with adequate airflow through it. Airplane weighs in around 5 lbs. While breaking in on my engine stand, engine turned 9200 rpm with a Zinger 13X5 and 10% Wildcat fuel. Mounted in the plane, it will not even move it as fast as I can run, much less get it airborne. Also, engine is getting very hot (enough to raise a blister). Have tried the 13X5 and also a MAS 12X7 prop wih the same results. Cooling airflow for engine seems more than adequate as judged by several of my other planes. As of yesterday, engine had approx two quarts of fuel through it. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-10-2004, 03:43 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV 58-CD - No Power - HELP

Hi

This doesn't sound right at all, the 58CD should have absolutely no problems powering a 5 lb plane.
Unfortunately the best course of action will be to send this engine to our service centre for checking over.

If you have already registered your engine (for warranty) please email me your name and address and I will issue you with a returns number and the address of our service centre in the USA. If you haven't registered your engine please also include the date and place of purchase as well as the serial number of the engine.
Email: [email protected]

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused but assure you we will be able to resolve this promptly.
Best regards
Laurenne