Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

90 SP

Old 10-16-2005, 04:20 PM
PlaneDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 SP

Would the 90 SP be a good choice for the Great Planes PT-19? The plane will weigh about 10.5 lbs.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
RCV Engines

Default RE: 90 SP

Hi

The RCV90SP should certainly be able to power this model so it would be a good choice. You will need to check that there is adequate clearance for the prop (the 90SP takes a 18x12 2bladed prop). If not the RCV91CD would also suit the model and should still fit in the cowl

I hope this helps
Best regards
Laurenne
Old 12-18-2005, 07:08 PM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

RCV Engines,

I am buikding a semi scale f8f Bearcat. This is an original Ziroli design from the 70's. The engine requirements are 2 stroke .40-.60. would the RCV .90WSp be too much engine ? I am assuming the RcV engines are more powerful. Typically, I would venture that a .90 4 -stroke would be a good replacement for a .60 2 stroke. I would like to purchase the RCV Sp but would like to be advised at the best model to choose for this application.

Sledge_78
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM
RCV Engines

Hi Sledge

The RCV90SP (& RCV91-CD) are similar in power to conventional 90 4-strokes, which is similar in power to a 60 4-stroke.
For this reason either the 90SP or 91CD should be suitable for the bearcat you're building.

I hope this helps. In addition the 90SP would allow you to use scale 4-bladed props which would look fantastic, you would need to check that there would be enough clearance for a 15.5x12 prop though.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please do not hestiate to contact me.

Best regards
Laurenne
Old 01-18-2006, 04:38 PM
faurrlemos
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,

I have the RCV 90 sp, and I don't run yet! what the fuel I have to use? can I use the Omega 10%?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 AM
unit53

iive got an issue,,,i personally would have purchased a conventoimal 4 stroke and just flew ,,but im working on a esm tigercat ,that has  two archiles heels,,and they are rcv 91 s of course the props look like they will blow apart in midrange from the vibration but after fixing one intake gasket ,ruined from loose screws and vibration,,i ran both engines ,,both had been run by the owner,at least 1 1/2 gallons and one engine has ,much more gear mesh sound,and is draggy ,,the other seems smooth ,,any suggestions?? ps not to be fecetious but theese engines are beating the crap out of this plane,,it looks 5 years old and hasnt been flown,very sad im not the owner and trying to help a friend who made the mistake of getting theese in the first place