Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

TF Sea Fury

Old 11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Sea Fury

I am presently building the Top Flite Sea Fury and am seriously considering the 90 SP becuase I can use a larger diameter 4 blade prop to give it a more scale look. My concern is if this motor is going to be strong enough to pull this plane around, some reports I have read said this plane could weigh as much as 12lbs.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
RCV Engines

Default RE: TF Sea Fury

Hi

The SP series are perfect for warbirds as the scale size 4 bladed props really do add to realism whilst flying.
With regard to the 90SP this should have enough power to pull the plane around as it is a very high torque engine, however realistically the 120SP may be preferable as it will give you a few hundred rpms extra which could make all the difference. This is especially true if you are using a 4-bladed propeller which are never as efficient as 2-bladed props.

The other thing I would mention on your Sea Fury is to ensure that there is a large enough area for air enter the cowl (bearing in mind the large spinner on the sea fury) to cool the engine (the the original plane used a water cooled engine). I think that the spinner which comes with the kit would not provide sufficent cooling for our engine and would probably recommend using either a smaller spinner or a metal spinner this has the added benefit of being a heatsink.

I hope this information helps
If you have any more queries, please don't hesitate to contact us
Best regards
Laurenne
Old 11-24-2005, 01:09 PM
racingjeff1

Hello,

I just started the TF Sea Fury kit, wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions or have found some pitfalls to watch out for. I am installing Robart retracts and flaps.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:36 AM
j payne

hi
I built a Top Flight Sea Fury for a customer which was powered by a RCV 120 SP he has a APC 4 blade prop a 15.5x12 I think
all reports are that the plane flies very scale like I think the RCV 90 SP will strugle a bit in the Top Flight Sea Fury as it could easly
wiegh 12 to 14 pounds when fitted with retracts and flaps

John