Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV Club Program

Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV Club Program

Laurenne,

I flew my 91CD today for the first time (in a Morris Hobbies Jerry's Big Boy), and all of the guys at the field were very interested in it how it worked and were impressed with how it pulled that 80" wingspan airplane around (as was I!). I was going to use this plane to break the engine in, then put something bigger on it after training my son to fly. I think I'll leave it on this plane until the 130CD comes out...

GREAT running engine...... It starts on the first flip every time, including the first time. Smooth throttle, nice idle (15% Omega).... QUIET too...... I love it......

I also have a 120SP all broken in, but it hasn't been flown yet. I will definitely be buying more of these engines.

Are you folks still doing the Club promotion program? I'll bet you could sell a lot of these if enough people see them.....
Old 07-20-2006, 02:42 AM
RCV Engines

Default RE: RCV Club Program

Hi Tripower

Thank you very much for your comments on the engines, I am pleased that you are impressed with your engine(s). We do get a lot of great feedback from our customers and we understand the importance of first hand experience of the engines.

We did do a club promotion in 2005 with the RCV58CD engine, however this wasn't as successful as we hoped. Out of the 40 clubs who were provided an engine, we only ever got a response from about 1/2 of them, despite their being an obligation to complete 4 small reports. Unfortunately with such a promotion it is difficult to follow up. In the future, we may consider a smaller club promotion which is linked with specific hobby shops.

If you email me a photo of your Jerry's Big Boy / 91CD combo, I will put you in the July draw to win an RCV baseball cap.

Thanks again
Best regards
Laurenne
Old 07-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Tripower455

ORIGINAL: RCV Engines

Hi Tripower

Thank you very much for your comments on the engines, I am pleased that you are impressed with your engine(s). We do get a lot of great feedback from our customers and we understand the importance of first hand experience of the engines.

We did do a club promotion in 2005 with the RCV58CD engine, however this wasn't as successful as we hoped. Out of the 40 clubs who were provided an engine, we only ever got a response from about 1/2 of them, despite their being an obligation to complete 4 small reports. Unfortunately with such a promotion it is difficult to follow up. In the future, we may consider a smaller club promotion which is linked with specific hobby shops.

If you email me a photo of your Jerry's Big Boy / 91CD combo, I will put you in the July draw to win an RCV baseball cap.

Thanks again
Best regards
Laurenne
Laurenne, as soon as it stops raining, I'll drag the JBB outside for some photo ops!

Too bad the promotion idea wasn't too successful...... I spent the first half hour at the field yesterday showing off and explaining my 91 CD before I could even assemble the plane to fly it! It got rave reviews from the guys there.........

Any news on the 130CD?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:02 AM
RCV Engines

The 130CD will be availble at the end of this year. I should be publishing the specifications etc. around September time.

Best regards
Laurenne
Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Tripower455

Thanks! I have a future projec t in mind that the 130CD will be perfect for!