Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

Rcv engines in a Don Smith B-17

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 06:19 PM
flydoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcv engines in a Don Smith B-17

I am considering using RCV engines in my B-17. It is 1/9th scale, and will weigh around 48 lbs. I need to swing 16 inch three bladed props. (I know your feeling regarding lack of effiency and speed with 3 bladed props, but a B-17 isn't supposed to fly fast) Would the RCV 60 do the job, or would the 90 size be a better choice? Is there likely to be any vibration problems with RCV engines in this application? Also, how far can the fuel tanks be from the carbs, assumung the are at the proper level?

Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:40 AM
Otto Kudrna
My Feedback: (1)

Hello
I think that the RCV90-SP turning the master airscrew 16x10 prop would be a very nice combination on your B-17 project. the engines should be matched and blueprinted for synchronized performance. When the engines are purchased from me, this service is $20 each. To perform this service on engines sent in to me would be $55 each. This would ensure proper power output threw all four engines at all time. The fuel tank can be mounted anywhere you wish, as long you provide positive fuel flow.

Thank You
Otto Kudrna
Old 01-31-2003, 12:51 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Can the RCV engines be made to run in reverse so that one can have counter rotating props on multi engines setups???
Old 01-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Otto Kudrna
My Feedback: (1)

Hello
No these engines would require a reverse timed outer cylinder housing to run in reverse.

Otto Kudrna