Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV mounting and Fuel effiecency questions

Old 01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Pilot44
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV mounting and Fuel effiecency questions

I'm about to get started on my Kondor (KMP) B25. Have any of you guys mounted your RCV 91CD on sideways? Any issues with mounting the engine in this orientation?

And the stock fuel tanks are only 8oz. I can increase the size of the tanks but it would be a pain modification as servo position and things change.
Now I'm am happy with 5 minute flight times so if I can get away with the stock tanks this would be good. Can anyone give me a ballpark on what kind of time an 8oz. tank may provide. As I hear these engines are better than say the Saito engines of which I fly 1/2 dozen various sizes in regard to fuel consumption.

During break in, on a test stand I will eventually find this out for myself. Some heads up would be appreciated.

Jim
Old 02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV mounting and Fuel effiecency questions

Hi Jim

I am very sorry for the delay in responding. I should get an email from RCU saying a new post has been made - but this seems to have stopped working.

Anyway, if I'm not to late...there is no issue on mounting the 91CD sideways or inverted. With regard to fuel tank size, the 91CD is exceptionally economical on fuel (compared to conventional engines. eg. the saito). An 8oz tank should give you up to 15 minutes of cruising (approx. 0.5floz/min), but I would definately check this out on your test stand first

I hope this helps
Best regards
Laurenne