Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV 91-CD compression?

Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 AM
justy_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV 91-CD compression?

Hi RCV Engines.

I just bought the 91cd engine last week and so far the engine has been run-in for 1.5 hours on a test stand. The engine runs really nice and sounds great but I have a question.

This is my first 4 stroke and I am just wondering about it's compression. For some reason I am able to turn the prop quite easily over the compression stroke. I can feel slight compression but its pretty weak compared to my 2 strokes where its an effort to move the prop over compression. I have tried with the Carburettor closed and also open but the compression still seems to be low.

It's weird because after the prop is rotated 5 or so times the next compression stroke is felt quite good.

Is this lowish compression normal for a 4 stroke and to also be inconsistent?

Please let me know because I am slightly concerned.

Thanks

Justin.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV 91-CD compression?

Hi Justin

Thank you for your query.

I have spoken to our Chief Technican who has advised me that our 91CD compression tends to be lower that a poppet valve 4 stroke engine, due to the rotating cylinder and that you should not be concerned.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you and kind regards

Stephanie