Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

Carburator

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 PM
andi3142001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburator

Hello, dear RCV users, I have an RCV120 SP which performs very fine and reliable. However, there is one funny thing: Full RPMs are not achieved when the throttle is fully open, but only when the caburator is 1-2mm before max. open. On every needle setting, from very rich to lean there is a significant RPM drop as soon as the barrel rotates to fully open. There is light axial play when pushing the barrel on the throttle arm, something I do not consider unusual.
Does anybody have some explanations? []

Thank you
Andi
Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Juice

Default RE: Carburator

Andi,

What you describe is the same behaviour I have on my two RCV engines (60SP and 90SP). A long time ago, I remember reading somewhere on RCU something along the lines of...

"Fully open barrel doesn't mean maximum RPM. On your TX throttle channel, adjust the high end-point for maximum RPM, which will be a little short of fully open".

I've been doing this for my RCV powered airplanes ever since and haven't thought twice about it.

It's not an explanation, but I hope this helps.

Juice
Old 05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
andi3142001

Default RE: Carburator

Hi Juice,

thank you, if thats common on an RCV I am happy with that. Was thinking of bent needle valves, dirty intakes and such stuff. [)]
So the solution is a matter of seconds.

Regards
Andi