Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV58CD in a VQ AT6 Texan

Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RCV58CD in a VQ AT6 Texan

HI all

Do any of you have experience with an RCV58CD in a VQ Warbirds AT6 Texan? Does it have enough power to fly it in a scale manner?

I just bought the "Ghost Rider" version and would love to purchase an RCV58CD to power the plane and not have to bash the cowl.

I mailed VQ with the same question and a friedly chap called Tomas was very kind to promptly mail me with a definate yes :-) Talk about good service. So so far I am confident that it is a good match, just wanted to throw the question to the rest of the world.

Marcel

Old 09-22-2009, 05:39 AM
mboland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV58CD in a VQ AT6 Texan

I have had a couple of VQ Texan "Ghost Riders" with RCV58CD's in them, does that answer your question?

I tried running it out of fuel one day, cruising around at half throttle, and gave up at 47 minutes, landed, ran it for a few minutes more before deciding its fuel economy will outlast my flying concentration any day.

Always found it hard to land without ground looping it though.

A great flyer, goes where you point it and the RCV58CD has plenty of power to fly it well.

What more can I say.