Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV .60 suitable for 1/6 sacle Camel ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 04:12 PM
gut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV .60 suitable for 1/6 sacle Camel ?

Hi, I'm just wondering on what power would be suitable for an upcoming scratch project... What I have in mind is a 1/6 scale Sopwith Camel derived from a Gillow's plan..
wingspan 56" / length 36" / wing area 935" / weight between 6 and 8 lbs depending on the amount of detail and engine selection... Cowl diameter is 6", and I would like to use as large a prop as possible.. I was thinking on using an OS FS-70 but am considering the RCV .60 also. If anyone has prior experience with a similar installation, your input is welcome..

Gut
Old 07-17-2003, 11:43 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV .60 suitable for 1/6 sacle Camel ?

Hi

I am very pleased you are considering the RCV60SP as I believe it would be perfect for your model.
The 1/6 scale camel of that weight/wing area should certainly be powered effectively by a 52 - 60 4-stroke. We have two engines in this range :- the more conventional 58CD and the streamline 60SP.
I think the 60SP would be great as this not only gives you a great sound for your warplane, but it also can pull much larger props. A general all purpose prop would be a 16x12 which would suit the large diameter cowl of the camel.
Although we don't have specific experience with this engine/plane combination, there are a few interesting models (ie. Sopwith Pup, Legionnaire, Corsair) on our website which shows the real benefits of the larger propellers on models with big cowls. See www.rcvengines.com and click on gallery for more details.

If you require any more information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards
Laurenne

NB. I was in Vancouver 5 weeks ago and loved it ;o) It is such a beautiful and clean city.