Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

Rcv 120

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 03:26 PM
mpriestley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rcv 120

Just thought I would report back my experience with RCV and the warrantee man Otto Kundra for us guys in the states.

I am so pleased with every bit of customer service I have recieved. RCV Has been very very helpful and responsive with questions and answers.

I also sent my 120 to Otto Kundra for some help with vibration and overheating. While Otto was working on it I decided to have him do the modifications he was talking about. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with the results!

I have the best running 4 stroke out there! It is smooth, easy to start and very very powerful.

I truly suggest that you buy an RCV for your next scale project or scale ARF and when you buy the RCV just have the modification done before you even break it in.

IT IS WORTH IT

This is a great motor and a great company with excellent support for us boys in the states!

Thank you Laureen (and other staff at RCV) and thank YOU OTTO!

p.s. I put my 120 in a GSP Hellcat, fly's great! (spinning an 18x14 three blade)
Old 07-29-2003, 09:17 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcv 120

Thanks for your kind comments.

I am pleased that your engine is working great and that you have been happy with the RCV Service - both directly and through our warranty centre.

Thanks again
Laurenne
Old 08-11-2003, 02:56 PM
mpriestley

Default Rcv 120

The modifications I mentioned were completed by Condor Models, Otto Kundra, was and may still be a moderator on the Engines support thread for RCV. I too had trouble in the begining, to include vibration problems and overheating.

When I sent it in for the modifications, the vibration is almost zero, he did put fuel tubing over the needle valve assembly as well.

But the big difference is tight sound. It now sounds like it is supercharged or something. Your motor will do fine with out the mods but I lost patients learning the attitude of this motor. (by the way this is my first 4 stroke) So I sent it in and just had him do the modifications.

I have not had to do anything to the motor since and it starts with a flip of the prop as long as the fuel is primed.

Myself, I highly recommend the mods. ($50-$60)

But just like Jneesey said, dont give up, the're great motors for the scale pilot.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Gunner
My Feedback: (4)

Default Rcv 120

thanks for the advise. Can you tell me what fuel and prop you are using?
Old 08-11-2003, 08:58 PM
mpriestley

Default Rcv 120

I am currently running the special blend that Otto Makes for the RCV motor. That too made a huge difference. As far as a prop goes I am currently running 3blade 18/14 by Zinger with the hub system. (I can not recommend this prop yet)

I wanted an 18" 3blade prop for this thing for scale purposes but it is difficult to find an 18" 3blade with the right pitch. I spent a lot of time researching and asking.

there may be some companies working on more variety for the RCV application.

with the system I am running now the plane has plenty of torque and climbs easily, it is not very fast however she flys very scale and the motor runs great.

with the prop/fuel combo I am getting about 4500 rpms, I did do a lot of modification on the cowl to allow for sufficient air flow/cooling.

Fuel is the same price as byrons or anyone else but you buy it buy the case (4 gallons, shipped in 16 bottles)
Old 08-11-2003, 09:47 PM
Gunner

Default Rcv 120

I have ordered a 17" x 12" 3B from zinger. I will let youy know how it runs once i've worked the kinks out of the motor (or myself).
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101013_5882.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	55610  
Old 08-12-2003, 07:52 AM
RCV Engines

Default Rcv 120

Hi

As requested please find the factory settings for your 120SP carburettor. These are only starting points as the actual settings depend on your prop / fuel selection.

Main Needle - 2 1/2 turns from open
Idle Needle - screw in idle fully and then unscrew 4 turns.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Laurenne
Old 08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Gunner

Default Rcv 120

Thanks, I will set it up that way tonight and start over! I'll let you know how I do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101127_5882.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	55611