RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RCV Engines Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcv-engines-support-145/)
-   -   91CD Break in. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcv-engines-support-145/3982827-91cd-break.html)

omawho 03-02-2006 06:18 PM

91CD Break in.

Finally had a nice day and took my Monocoupe with a 91CD to the field to break it in. First tank (16oz) ran great. The second tank was a problem though. The engine was running pretty hot. I was running it very rich but it would just quit when at 1/2 throttle. I noticed that it felt pretty tight right after shut down but after it cooled it was just fine. I packed it up and brought it home as I don't want to destroy it. I am using Wildcat 10% nitro with 18% lubricant. It is all synthetic. I notice that RCV states to use a fuel that also contains 3 to 6% castor oil. You think that may be the problem???

Thanks, Ed.

RCV Engines 03-06-2006 05:19 AM

RE: 91CD Break in.

Hi Ed

Your fuel shouldn't be a problem. Many of our customers use purely synthetic fuel.

Basically it just sounds like you have a tight engine and this will improve with more running. Some require longer to run in than others.

If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact me
Best regards
Laurenne

nemesis4u 06-07-2006 02:50 PM

OMAWHO ,
How is your RCV CD carrying on? Are you having success now? any pictures of the engine/installation on your aircraft?
thanks..

ggroyal1 11-21-2006 12:51 AM

I received my RCV91Cd today. I plan to run a gallon of 10% omega thru it on the bench before flying. It has a serial number 1405 on it. Is this a good number? Could you tell me when it was made? I will be using a 14x6 balanced prop.
Thanks,
George G. Royal

RCV Engines 11-21-2006 03:52 AM

Hi George

They are all good numbers. Ever since the 91CD launch, these have been fantastic engines.
Your engine is of the later design which has a slightly larger port, so may produce a little more power.

Best regards
Laurenne

kokeman857 05-31-2008 11:06 PM

Have about an hour on my 91CD, when I shut it down the fromt bearing sounds like it squeels. When I restart it warm it squeels as well, sounds like a slight squeel while running, but not severe. Could grill a steak on it after 5 minutes. Tonight I ran it on a piece of hard board, and seems to be some filings in the oil that was deposited on the board. Is this a problem?

RCV Engines 06-03-2008 10:23 AM

Hi

I think in this instance it might be advisable to contact our service center in the US, Bill Jensen on the following contact details who will be able to assist you further with your engine.

Bill Jensen
BJ's Model Engine Service*, 51 Hillside Dr., Beacon Falls, CT 06403
phone: 203-888-4819, email: [email protected],
web site: www.bj-model-engines.com
*a trade name of Flight Star Devices, Inc.

Many thanks

Stephanie