Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

How you battle sand and dirt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
FUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How you battle sand and dirt?

I have being running my shockwave on the yard and I love it!! small jumps here and there, transitions from the road to the grass and then back on the road... after a couple of tanks I have stop to clean the car and found dirt and sand all over, I use my small shopvac to suck mos of it and a brush to get it loose and make it easy to suck it... its there something that I need to know on this situation with the sand to avoid have problems on the future?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
rjsdad

Default RE: How you battle sand and dirt?

I use air compressor and WD-40 to clean my buggy. I pay attention to the bearings and make sure to remove all of the sand that might damage them. I find the comress air works fine.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: rjsdad

I use air compressor and WD-40 to clean my buggy. I pay attention to the bearings and make sure to remove all of the sand that might damage them. I find the comress air works fine.

Yes I use compressed air after every track run, never thought of WD-40. You use that to clean and lubricate? hmmmm.............
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diffently a air compresser and the best products to clean rc is kal gard it cleans alot better then WD-40 and unlike WD-40 it repells dirt with ther prep and shine your car does not near as dirty as it used too so therefore its much easier to clean.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

yep, compressed air and wd40 works great. Just try and get as much wd40 off your RC after cleaning. That way dirt/sand doesnt stick so easily.

My wife bought me a small compact air compressor a while back and its a perfect size for cleaning my RC's.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which kal gard product? i see they have so many...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM
rchobbyunlimited

ORIGINAL: billymare

Which kal gard product? i see they have so many...
The best way to use kal gaurd is to start with a brush to brush off any excess dirt I like to use a paint brush then with a compresser blow off the car first. then start with the kal gard de greaser it is concetrated so very little goes along way after you have sprayed on the degreaser use your air hose and blow off the de greaser the dirt will fly off and clean real good. You can use the contact cleaner on your electronics, servos, receiver and so forth it will not damage your electronics. After the car is clean and smelling good then spay the kal guard prep and shine all over the car I like to let mine sit for a few min. then I blow it off again. The prep and shine is unbeliveable it will have your car looking like you just took it out of the box and it will keep your car looking new it repells dirt and in between runs what little dirt that does get on your car will blow off with no problems. Great products. I hope this helps if you would like some you can get it here http://www.amazon.com/shops/rcspeedmart

Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 AM
rchobbyunlimited

P.S. Kal guard air filter cleaner and air filter oil is great also I use all of there products on all of my cars.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Torch39

Hmm never thought of using WD 40 to clean my buggy... Iuse a air compressor with and air gun very similar to the one pictured above. Ilike the dirt and scratches on my buggy. After it being brand new for 3 months before my noobness got it working right. It good to see that the car no longer looks new lol. The scratches and dirt are badges that my rc car has done something lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Dragonii

Use this, blows the hell out of those wimpy little compressed air cans and it never runs out.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM
lhbrickman

I use a mixture of Den. Alcohol, simple green and water, 1 part each in a spray bottle. Let it soak in and clean with a paint brush. Rinse with clean water and dry with compressed air. Then mist with wd40. Keeps my toys looking brand new and I can clean 2 cars in about five minutes. The simple green and Alcohol brake down the oil from the motor. You can substitute simple green with Greese Lightning from lowes it works just as good.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Goatcrapp

Igive mine a bath .

don't submerge anything... and if you're talking electrics - don't do this at all... nitros - you're good to go if you've waterproofed your servos. Use a toothbrush, and a syringe to get the hard to reach places... then dry thoroughly with compressed air. Make sure its well oiled (WD40 is a good water displacer) at all joints, and all bearings. then wipe off before your next run.

compressed air, some water, and some scotch guard or other silicon DRYspray will make future cleanings easier.

This pic is in the basement / shop bathroom - the wife would kill me otherwise LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72675.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1579498