Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

which redcat to get

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which redcat to get

ORIGINAL: billymare

http://www.b****cing.com/app/menu.php?op=index Look at the 1/10 trucks....look familiar?
ORIGINAL: Capn kanuckles

Who is bsd?
cool thanks for the link.....!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its the truth, some of himoto and bsd's models are also sold by redcat. redcat is still a smaller company.(though they are growing) they are not huge like traxxas or hpi, and cant develope all there own vehicles. so they do some research and testing, and find ones made by other companies that they would feel are good. then they re-badge them(this happens with alot of companies) and sell them. might i add, they sell them for less. basically, redcat is trying to keep their overhead low, while still providing a good product and good customer service and all at a price WE can afford.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM
RCToysNh

Awesome thanks so much for your help,i've got some think'n to do.I really like that caldera,is the caldera a new model or has it been around for a while.It seems that there is more parts available for the volcano on ebay.Out of the two which do you recommend.I like the fact that the caldera is bigger,in my small mind i think that means more stable.Right.
BSD and HSP are manufacturers.

What ever you buy, buy from a Redcat Dealer. AVOID Ebay. You will get better service and parts help from a real dealer. While there are many good dealers on ebay, some are not so good and will not be able to help you with your problems.

Caldera 10e is a great truck.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: RCToysNh

Awesome thanks so much for your help,i've got some think'n to do.I really like that caldera,is the caldera a new model or has it been around for a while.It seems that there is more parts available for the volcano on ebay.Out of the two which do you recommend.I like the fact that the caldera is bigger,in my small mind i think that means more stable.Right.
BSD and HSP are manufacturers.

What ever you buy, buy from a Redcat Dealer. AVOID Ebay. You will get better service and parts help from a real dealer. While there are many good dealers on ebay, some are not so good and will not be able to help you with your problems.

Caldera 10e is a great truck.
not to mention, if i can sell a redcat without using ebay, then i can take the money ebay would get in fees and i use it to get you guys some extras. we both win that way.
plus, i have people from redcat i can email and get answers really quick.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:16 AM
formula87

Yes buy from any of the guys on here if you can.  besides all the prices they charge are the same or less then ebay............  I use Kurt@URCHobby for my Redcat stuf,  but any dealer on RCU can hook you up.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 PM
ezbay35150
My Feedback: (11)

Ebay dosen't stock parts? Look again! I also am a REDCAT RACING dealer and I sell on ebay. I stock lots of parts and have great prices. Contact me if I can help with a great price on any Redcat you decide on, they are all great!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Capn kanuckles

Well i found a dealer for redcats by my house and actually got to see them up close and personal.I was very impressed with the earthquake 8e and 3.0,that thing is massive.I like the Caldera 10e and 3.0,however they didnt wow me like the earthquake did.Then again they are 2 different beast.One thing that i was happy with was quality of the redcat truck.They look and feel strong i was expecting cheap,wow was i wrong.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Well i found a dealer for redcats by my house and actually got to see them up close and personal.I was very impressed with the earthquake 8e and 3.0,that thing is massive.I like the Caldera 10e and 3.0,however they didnt wow me like the earthquake did.Then again they are 2 different beast.One thing that i was happy with was quality of the redcat truck.They look and feel strong i was expecting cheap,wow was i wrong.
that is how i came to be a redcat dealer. i got a redcat lightning epx pro used(cause it was cheap) and was surprised at how tough it was. its a on-road car, and i have jumped it off skate board ramps without breaking anything! then i got the tornado and volcano epx pro's, and then the rs10 crawler.
i might be getting a used aftershock 8E soon.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:41 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW thats how I started out also being a dealer I started with the redcat avalanchXP and seen how really tough that truck is that what started me into sell Redcat. I have sent that truck to hell and back and its just keep going.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

WOW thats how I started out also being a dealer I started with the redcat avalanchXP and seen how really tough that truck is that what started me into sell Redcat. I have sent that truck to hell and back and its just keep going.
thats how it is. i have owned alittle of everything at this point, from losi-traxxas-hpi-duratrax-tamiya-AE. and there was a time i wouldnt have thought about buying a redcat(some locals talk down about them) but i bought my lightning EPX Pro used off ebay, cause i wanted a on-road that would be fast but didnt want to spend alot of cash. that care has not broken once on me. i have owned a tamiya tt-01, tl-01 and a TC3. all of those cars had more breakage issues then the lightning!
after the lighting i picked up the tornado used. the stock shock towers started bending after i jumped it 15 feet in the air, but the billet alum shock towers fixed that. the rest i have left stock, no reall need to upgrade if it doesnt break. even with all the harsh jumping, the shocks havent leaked or bent!

follow that with my tornado epx pro. i also got this used. the front dogbones sometimes bind when turning. nothing the upgrade CVD's wont fix. if the dogbones ever break i will get the CVD's

then i got a used RS10. what a sweet machine! so much fun to drive.

I also got a sumo. it was fun, but the servo died. its still under warrenty, so i got to send it in.

i also had a backdraft 3.5 over the summer. it was fun to drive, but nitro isnt for me. i dont like all the bother. but i was still impressed with the overall quality of the buggy. the throttle servo failed on me, and i broke a recoil(pulled too hard while breaking in the motor) redcat sent replacements super fast!
nothing else broke on that buggy, and i sold it.

i think ill be getting a aftershock 8E very soon.

For me, Redcat is about "fun for the money"
for the price of one traxxas rustler, a 2wd brushless truck, i now own 2 brushless 4wd vehicles! and they both have proved to be just as tough as a rustler. and redcats's customer service for me is just as good as traxxas'.
im sure i will still buy RC's from other companies, but only after i get all the Redcat's i want right now
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are exactly right I own 25 rc cars my self I am into nitro I have had pretty much all of them HPI, Traxxas, Cen, Losi, and more and you are exactly right it is the hobby not the name of a company I have had too many people put down redcat about a bad car but I have a Savage XLuntilthis day that has neverrandright out of the box and it has been sent back to HPI twice and still does not run right but its hard to findsomebodyto bash HPI trucks but I have some redcats , HPI Traxxas and many others that I have not had to do anything too but regularmaintainedand they have been great. I justwishmore people would just understand that its all part of the hobby and if you are getting mad because something broke or went bad you might want to try a new hobby, but this one is too much fun.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM
raminator69

i got a losi lst. and someone wanted to trade it for 2 fairly new redcats. a vortex ss and a shockwave
or a savage xl with the ??crappy k5.9??