Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing is ontop of it !

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
XtrmTJ
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing is ontop of it !

I read alot of post in here about how the 8E's were having diff problems and needed to be shimmed. I just got my EQ 8E and locked the center diff today. I also looked at both the front and rear diffs and both pinions were shimmed from the factory. Both the front and rear ring gears were tight, with no slop at all. Nice to know Redcat looks in here and reads what we are saying is wrong with their stuff and accualy fixxing it ! Kutos to Redcat Racing.
Smitty
Old 04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Excel22
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Redcat Racing is ontop of it !

Good to know! Where did you buy yours from? I'm getting ready to buy oneand would like to get one with the diffs already shimmed. Let us know. If it's from URCHobby does anyone have a coupon code for some extra savings? Thanks!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:54 PM
masterhacker1989

Now they need to make a aluminum center diff cover on the 8E's, that plastic crap sucks, they break super easy, also they need to install bearings on the bellcranks on the 8e's, the amount of slop in them in unacceptable by any standards, the new-bright truck I had when I was 10 had less slop.  And they need to  make it so that the spur gear isn't  exposed to dirt and crap. Ooh and also aluminum Bellcranks on the 8E's, those are garbage also
Old 04-24-2011, 07:57 PM
XtrmTJ

I got mine off eBay for $289.99 with free shipping and a free wheelie bar, I had to wait a couple weeks as they were out of stock there for awhile. I only ran mine for a few minutes, hit a curb at speed and broke a axle. Ok tho, I had got the 12mm to 17 mm kit and am switching to 17mm now. WoW is this thing fast right out of the box ! I have lots of plans for mine. FOFF is in my future.
Smitty
Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 AM
rsw007
My Feedback: (1)

from what ive heard the diff problems come after the plastic cases expand from use. i dont own one so maybe im wrong.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM
XtrmTJ

If that is the case, then upon normal inspection, it can be shimmed.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
masterhacker1989

My Earthqakes diffs lasted 2 batteries, then shredded, it wasn't from use, from the factory you could slide them back and forth like 1/8 of a inch
Old 04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Codes???? You don't need any stinking codes You can't beat URCHobby's prices anywhere!!!!
ORIGINAL: Excel22

Good to know! Where did you buy yours from? I'm getting ready to buy oneand would like to get one with the diffs already shimmed. Let us know. If it's from URCHobby does anyone have a coupon code for some extra savings? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
kelynsdad1023

yeah he's deinately right about URC.....no coupon codes needed because at URCNOGIMMICKSJUSTGOODDEALS!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM
soldier5050

I do not have the Earthquake yet but off that I did get a Ground pounder still trying to figure out why it keeps blowing ESC and last Wednesday recieved my Caldera 10 E and yesterday went to run it and the battery or the charger must be bad . So I am 2 for 2 with Redcat and I have another one coming ....Shame on me!!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Jefferson1964

A buddy of mine is a dealer of redcat, that $289.99 is not too far off of wholesale prices and is an excellent deal.