Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

what parts are hard to find for you?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

what parts are hard to find for you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default what parts are hard to find for you?

Hey, guys....

I have been working on my ebay store....adding lots of parts for Redcats.

But I wanted to hear from owners....what are the parts that you have trouble finding?
I have about 100 parts listed so far, but it would help to know what you guys need the most, or want to find easy on ebay.

And if you have any other suggestions, please LMK!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what parts are hard to find for you?

I have to say that I do most of my purchases through ebay unless I'm purchasing multiple items, then it's worth paying the shipping from Redcat for the cheaper cost per part. I've never had trouble finding parts for my Tornado or Caldera.  The only thing I couldn't find was a pinion for the Caldera and wound up getting it from RC planet.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
rccrazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i work in a hobby shop and two of my hardest parts o get a hold of are things for the twisters, and they're two of my favorites
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: rccrazer

i work in a hobby shop and two of my hardest parts o get a hold of are things for the twisters, and they're two of my favorites
I listed a few parts for the twisters.

Maybe I should have asked.....what parts break MOST on the model you own?

I want to make sure that any Redcat owner will find what he/she needs for parts in my store. I know how frustrating it can be when a parts breaks....and then you cant seem to find it!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

carbon fiber for the Tornado
Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

carbon fiber for the Tornado
Thanx!
I have the carbon fiber front shock tower for the tornado models listed.

I will ad the rear tower and upper chassis plate when I get a chance.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
D4nY

you should ship to Canada too
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: D4nY

you should ship to Canada too
I will be adding that for parts.

as for models, I have to figure out how to setup the ads to show a seperate shipping cost for canada. It takes a crazy amount of time to make all the ads right!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

you guys, this is alot of work...lol!

Getting my listings setup with all the right info, part #'s, pictures ect. I have over 250 redcat items right now. Just spend an hour updating 40 of the parts ads to say shipping to usa and canada!

But I think my time invested will pay off. From what i have seen, many dealer on ebay dont really support the brand. They list models but not parts.
How can the brand grow, if owners cant find parts?!

My own personal redcat garage is growing. I just bought a twister XTG and rs10 xt used off ebay. should have them in a week or so.

I am looking forward to reviewing the twister. I have owned a few rustler vxl's, and want to see how the Twister(which costs $100 less) stacks up. I will try the buggy on 2 and 3s lipo! I wanna see how fast it is, and how durable.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

OK, been working on adding parts.

Added several upgrades for the twister models, CNC'd parts and the steel tranny upgrade.

Added the carbon fiber parts I could right now for the epx/epx pro models.

Any other requests? It would take me forever to list every part for every redcat, but I want to have the parts owners are most likely to need/want.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 PM
rccrazer

i love my earthquake to daeth but the mesh needs to be ajusted. the best way to do this is with the "washer set" it's mostly sold for the monsoon and the avalanche xp. also i am in a gearing battle with my tornado epx. i need to get a smaller pinion. i think i am using the 23t .8 mod. wheels and tires would be well liked.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

i love my earthquake to daeth but the mesh needs to be ajusted. the best way to do this is with the ''washer set'' it's mostly sold for the monsoon and the avalanche xp. also i am in a gearing battle with my tornado epx. i need to get a smaller pinion. i think i am using the 23t .8 mod. wheels and tires would be well liked.
OK.
I have several sets of stock tires listed.

I have several pinions listed as well. Not sure if I have many of the .8 mod pinions listed tho. The models came with either the .8 mod or 48 metric pitch(same thing maybe?)
But I could get you a .8 mod pinion in 14, 15, 16, or 19t

I found 2 washer sets for the monsoon....1 says its for the motor mounts and the other says its for the shock shafts. Not sure which would be useful to shim the earthquake?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
rccrazer

the size between pitch and mod. is a huge differance. the brushed cars come with the metric 48 pitch (slightly larger than U.s. standard pitch) and .8 mod is slightly larger than 32 pitch us. the .8 mod. is used the the 1/10 bl vehicles excluding the twisters.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
rccrazer

the part number: 81069 Complete washer set ~

this is the one! so everone with the ultrralights will want these. expecialy if they want to race.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

the part number: 81069 Complete washer set ~

this is the one! so everone with the ultrralights will want these. expecialy if they want to race.
thanx, Ill get that in my store then.

Also, I looked up the epx/epx pro models and according to redcat's parts the brushed and brushless both use 48 metric pitch. I know I had talked to a guy at redcat some time ago...cause there are .8 pitch pinions listed for the epx and epx pro models....but I was told they USED to come with them.

Ill call them when I get a chance and confim which pitch the models now ship with.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
rccrazer

i work in a redcat hobby shop and have to repair the 1/10's almost everyday. the drifers still come with them as does the volcane epx/ pro, they need more teeth and the tc cars do't need the huge teeth to turn those dinky little tires and that light weght chassis (it is in fact diffeant than the off-road vehicles. the drive shaft wont fit and it is narrower, other than that the do now in fact ship with these .8 mod gears in the pro vesrions. either way they still are needed depending on the customer.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i work in a redcat hobby shop and have to repair the 1/10's almost everyday. the drifers still come with them as does the volcane epx/ pro, they need more teeth and the tc cars do't need the huge teeth to turn those dinky little tires and that light weght chassis (it is in fact diffeant than the off-road vehicles. the drive shaft wont fit and it is narrower, other than that the do now in fact ship with these .8 mod gears in the pro vesrions. either way they still are needed depending on the customer.
u have my dream job. id love to work in a hobby shop. 2 years ago when i heard one was gonna open up the next town over I asked to work there. I think I would have got the job except the owner had plenty of familly members willing to work there.

I mean, Im on rcu most every day...trying to help others as best I can. And I am in my hobby room at least every other day working on a model. Now if only I got paid to do such things! I talk about RC's so much that it drives my poor wife nuts. If I worked at a hobby shop, maybe I could get it all out of my system there and not bug my wife..LOL

I have to admit that Redcat's site (parts search) could use some updating. There are a few parts said to be compatible with models I know for a fact they are not, and vice versa. And on those pinions, if I search for lightning it will show the .8 and 48 but it doesnt say which goes for what. Now, I can look at a gear and tell if its one or the other...but someone new to the hobby may not be able, and thus risk buying the wrong part!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
rccrazer

you can always pm me or just reply with a question. if it's redcat either i own it or have run it into the ground! seriously. that's why i am here too. is to help and enjoy. and it's working out pretty well so far. i would like to add that i am a huge fan of racing and this may be a bit hard fo you to grab a hold of but bodies are a constant search on ebay and i am no differant i love paining bodies expecialy stadium truck and buggy bodies. it's great fun. so posibly getting hooked up with proline may be worth your while.

i also know what you mean, i blab about them all day long (unless it's yoyo, longboard, ect.) my girlfriend goes nuts cause i don't seem to shut up, my dad aslo gets a but on the annoyed side. i thought it would help too, but nothing changed for me. i hope you get this job someday! it's loads of fun, and i also hope it aids you with your relationship with your lovely wife (i think marrage is a beautiful thing). back on the topic of this thread:

i would also like to have some hop ups for my sumo. it a great little car,zippy, cute, and inexpencive, but the hop ups arn't all that easy to come by even for us at the shop. that may be another thing that you may want to pick up. (hobbytown isn't doing to smokey, they loose alot of customers to us because of their aditudes of their employees. and store policies)

just some more thoughts i had in art today (senior in high school).
Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

I do have the alloy shocks listed for the sumo. I think I have the 180 motor as well. Ill look into what other hop ups I can list.

So far, It seems Im getting some good results by listing parts. which makes sense...as either someone needs the parts or someone looking to buy a model will be more likely to buy from a ebay seller who carries parts!

I hope my twister XTG Pro will get here by the end of the week. I have the alloy hopups listed for that as well. They are a tad pricey...but then they are CNC'd alloy parts and not just cast ones.

Im sure I will at least get the steel tranny gears and wheely bar for my twister.

You are very lucky to have that job while still in high-school. when I was that age I cleaned medical buildings, OK hours but sucky work.

Im 29 now, and im a stay at home dad with a 2 year old boy. I want to sell redcats to help pay the bills, and to make sure I can stay in the hobby for when my boy is old enough to enjoy it. Tho, he already tries to play with....and work on my models. He puts the bodies on old chassis' and puts my hex drivers threw the rims and other holes in the chassis. thats his version of working on them. And he goes nuts when I fly my blade cx scout in the house!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 AM
rccrazer

for the sumo the most valuble parts to have are by far the ball bering kit, the heat sink, and the rear diff ( prebuilt, or parts, i usually buy the parts cause i enjoy doing it myself and having the diff tuned the way i like it. having spare pinions around is really nice as well as spurs) that little motor gets worked prety hard and gets really hot and that heat ksink is a godsend! the ball berings make it act almost like a race kit, just tiny,i was really shocked! it also brought the motortemp downto wherethe run seemedto be smoother becasue the tepmraturewasn't affecting thefluids inside the vehicle.