Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

my new RS10

Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new RS10

A RS10 that i got used off ebay arrived today.

I got it from one of those sellers that has defective / customer returned items.

The ad said the servos, ESC and motors all functioned, but the radio did not.

I thought it would be a decent deal....I know the rs10 i used to have had radio issues(short range) and its no wonder redcat now ships them with a 2.4ghz instead of the FM radios.

Anyway, i got it for $75 shipped. And it shipped in like 4 days.

So, I take it out of the package, plug the batt in and turn it on...the wheels start turning right away. I played with the radio a bit till i found the throttle trims and set it right. Now throttle/reverse works 100%

But I had no steering....I thought this must be the reason it was returned, that the radio's wheel didnt work.
I was about to ditch the radio and install another, but then I noticed that when i cycled threw the steering modes the servos would twitch. That told me that the radio was sending a signal to the steering channel.
So, I played with the radio for a minute or 2 more and found the problem. The channel 1 (steerng) duel rate was at 0! I turned it upto 100 and now the truck works 100%!!

So, took a small gamble and it really paid off. I got a fully functional rs10 with batt and charger for $75. And the truck looks hardly used as well, almost no scrapes or wear.

It is the older version, not the XT, but I dont care cause of the price and that it works great now that I set the radio correctly.

No im gonna look for a cool truck body for it, and get it "snow" proofed

I have a used Twister XTG Pro on the way...I hope it turns out as well as this RS10 did!