Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Caldera 3.0

Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
rtbright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Caldera 3.0

Hello all,
I'm new to the RC world but my son and I are getting started with the Caldera 3.0. I got it broken in today without issue, but by the time I finished the 4th tank of fuel the steering started making a sound. When I turn left its fine but right makes a sound like there is a gear that is skipping over teeth. This only happens on right turns and continues the whole time its turning right. I have checked the forum to the best of my abilities and I cannot find a thread referring to a problem like this. Does anybody have any ideas? All help is appreciated.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM
ehroof

Default RE: Redcat Caldera 3.0

stripped servo gear, it will need a new servo. Can happen if the front wheels hit something.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Dads like rc too

it amazes me that I always see posts like this, and I know I'm nuts for saying this but I've not lost a servo yet.  My son's Caldera 10E which I bought used has been crashed as much as an 9 year old can crash it.  My Tornado S30 hasn't been smashed up that much but you still read how crappy these servo's are.  And my new Monsoon, which is still brand new but I often read on here about the larger trucks like the Earthquake or Avalanche barely even able to steer because the servo is so weak, my Monsoon snaps those huge front tires left to right like it doesn't even have tires mounted on the truck.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
ehroof

alot has to do with how the servo saver is set up, if its too loose, the wheels will barely turn, if its too tight, you will strip servo gears.