Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

XTE brushless motor in Earthquake 8e

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

XTE brushless motor in Earthquake 8e

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
EvoLouShun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTE brushless motor in Earthquake 8e

Does anyone know if the brushless motor in the XTE series fit the 8e series, specifically the Earthquake 8e? I would keep everything stock in the 8e, including pinion gear and ESC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
Old 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: XTE brushless motor in Earthquake 8e

ORIGINAL: EvoLouShun

Does anyone know if the brushless motor in the XTE series fit the 8e series, specifically the Earthquake 8e? I would keep everything stock in the 8e, including pinion gear and ESC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
It should fit.

However, if you keep the gearing the same then it will be slower than stock.
The 8e motor is a 2200+kv motor, while the XTE has a 1744kv motor. Since both motors run on 4s lipo, the XTE motor will run at less RPM's than the 8e motor.
You could gear up the 8e to compensate, but honestly I wouldnt. The XTE motor will have more torque and will put more strain on the 8e's driveline.

Look for other 1/8 scale 550 sized motors that are around 2100-2300kv if you want to replace the stock motor with a different one.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
EvoLouShun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: EvoLouShun

Thanks in advance.

Lou
It should fit.

However, if you keep the gearing the same then it will be slower than stock.
The 8e motor is a 2200+kv motor, while the XTE has a 1744kv motor. Since both motors run on 4s lipo, the XTE motor will run at less RPM's than the 8e motor.
You could gear up the 8e to compensate, but honestly I wouldnt. The XTE motor will have more torque and will put more strain on the 8e's driveline.

Look for other 1/8 scale 550 sized motors that are around 2100-2300kv if you want to replace the stock motor with a different one.
Thanks for the response! I actually burnt out my earthquake 8e motor. I was running aftershock 15T pinion and aftershock spur gear as well as Monsoon XTE wheel/tire combo. Even with a heatsink and fan upgrade, I managed to cooked the poop out of that stock 8e motor. Would the 550 motor can fit in the earthquake? I believe the stock 8e motor is a 540. With the range of kv you mentioned run cooler temps in my truck (given the 550 motor fits) and all my other mods.

Thanks again!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its been alittle while since I had my 8e, but I think a 550 will fit. I believe the stock motor has a rather large heat sink on it, correct? That will take up the same space as a 550 motor. I think the difference between a 540 and a 550 is like 1-2 mm in width (diameter)

I hadnt realized you were running larger tires and different gearing already. If the stock motor heated up, the a lower KV motor should help that problem.

If you want PM me for a price on a XTE motor