Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Blackout XTE Pro Gear Mesh

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:35 AM
pjespers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackout XTE Pro Gear Mesh

Greetings, I went to fine tune the gear mesh on my new Blackout (was way to tight), and found the upper adjustment screw almost covered by the spur gear. I was able to get an Allen wrench in there and adjust, but was it seems foolish to have this screw in such a difficult place. Is this normal, or did Radcat put the top screw in the wrong hole? Thanks for any insight.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:48 AM
pjespers

Followup, Recat support says the screw is in the correct position and suggested using a 2mm ball-end tool for adjustment. One has been ordered. Case closed
Old 02-12-2016, 09:21 AM
lilrick98

Bad design on they're part. Be prepared to change both pinion & spur gear quite often cause they suck. No matter how well you set the mesh they strip was to easily. I've already had to change mines with less than a month of casual usage. Now my replacement gears are on their way out too! The brass pinion is garbage even Redcat told me there's a problem with they're brass pinion. When this second set strips I'm gonna fix it & sell it.