Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to go from .6 mod to 48p or maybe even 32p?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Is it possible to go from .6 mod to 48p or maybe even 32p?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:48 PM
MyBallsHurt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to go from .6 mod to 48p or maybe even 32p?

Hello I have a volcano epx and I've been slowly upgrading it but it seems that barely anyone sells .6 mod spur and pinion gears. So if I could go to 48p or even 32p it would give me a lot more and better options. Is it possible? Are there any 48p or 32p spurs that fit on the shaft or can I swap the shaft for something that works?

Also are there any chassis dust covers that would fit a electric volcano epx? I live in very sandy location but not near the coast.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2016, 04:13 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Every couple of months someone asks about Redcat's gear pitch and wants to know about swapping out another platform's spur. I have not seen a modification yet. If someone has successfully done so, I don't know about it. Do you have the brushed version of the Volcano? I'd go with the brushless Volcano EXP's metal spur gear and enjoy the platform.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:48 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There are plenty of .6 Mod gears out there , just need to know what to search for .
Ebay is great for searching - Yeah Racing , Some Tamiya models use .6 , also look at other Redcat models , as well as HSP , HBX pinions , Robinson Racing .
What tooth count are you after ???
It would be possible to change to another pitch , ( nothing is impossible ) , but if all you are after is a small ratio change , I probably would not bother .