Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano battery issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:58 PM
sc0rch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano battery issues.

I bought my daughter a Volcano 2 years ago and have never been able to get it to run. I ordered a 2nd 7.4 li-ion battery and it doesn't hold a charge either. Is there a way I can convert it over to ni-cad so that I can use a regular fast charger for it? Or anything I can do to get these li-ion batteries to actually work. She ran it for about 5 minutes maybe 3 or 4 times. Then nothing. It'll just barely move then completely die.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

From what I've heard from others, Redcat is pretty good with setting things right...at the time of purchase. Probably should have given them a shout out back then. What batteries are you using? What charger were you using to balance charge your Li packs?

Most speed controls will allow you to use differerent kinds of battery chemistries. Check your ESC manual for setup instructions. A lot of Redcat's platforms have "jumpers" on the speed control to change battery type. You usually just pull the "jumper" out, and move it over a set of pins.

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-23-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:43 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sc0rch
I bought my daughter a Volcano 2 years ago and have never been able to get it to run. I ordered a 2nd 7.4 li-ion battery and it doesn't hold a charge either. Is there a way I can convert it over to ni-cad so that I can use a regular fast charger for it? Or anything I can do to get these li-ion batteries to actually work. She ran it for about 5 minutes maybe 3 or 4 times. Then nothing. It'll just barely move then completely die.
One of the best places, IMO, that will inform a person to the use of LiPo batteries....http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/understa...ipo-batteries/
RC Resources for the beginner [Read this first]
Understanding RC LiPo Batteries