Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

MT8E BE6S electrical problem? Need ideas

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

MT8E BE6S electrical problem? Need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:42 AM
johnnyfever888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry MT8E BE6S electrical problem? Need ideas

I started this hobby about a year ago with RedCat Blackout XTE Pro Brushless 1/10 and got hooked. I had a terrible time with breaking them and went through 3 before quitting. I got the fever back recently when I came across a review of the MT8E. I had to try it. no doubt there is a huge difference in quality/durability compared to the 1/10 XTE. I have had it a couple of weeks and the only time it has been out of commission was when my son drove it straight into a curb going very fast. Fortunately we gathered up the pieces and most everything was ok and just had to be put back together. We did have to replace two long (85mm) screws that hold much of the front end together, a new front dog bone drive shaft (could not find the other one) and one hinge pin that we couldn't find. Oh yeah also one LED broke. Anyway, I was amazed and thrilled at the lack of damage. I went to buy those parts and came across the BE6S. I did the math and it made a lot more sense to buy one than to upgrade my MT8E with better parts. So, i bought the MT*E replacement parts and a new BE6S.

The MT8E BE6S came in last night. My son and i put the wheels on it and went to drive it in an open lot across the street. Soft muddy conditions and bumpy plenty so perfect. Amazing what that thing can do straight out of the box. We were running 6S. It was amazing and a a blast to drive. However, my son (again) was absolutely flying across this dirt field hitting bumps but going fast. The Truck hit a small bump and caught some small air and when it landed it just turned off. We haven't been able to get it to do anything since.

The batteries are fine. I also tried 2 other fully charged 2S batteries and got nothing. Not a beep, flash, twitch. Nothing. I have not opened up the receiver box yet, it could be something in there came loose I guess but the ESC would be doing something. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Everything looks great from the outside. All I can think of is a battery wire going into the ESC could be damaged. Or I guess the ESC could be broken or burned up, but I don't think we didn't anything to cause that. We were using PowerHobby 3S 11.1V 5200 mAh 75C Lipos. It was warm under the body cover but not that hot.

I am going to start troubleshooting tonight. I wanted to get some ideas before going in.

Thanks for any ideas,

Johnny
Old 09-18-2017, 07:29 PM
PaulDeth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RedCat support is really good. I suggest you call before doing anything. 602-454-6445