Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Bought 2 Redcat Blackout XTE Pros and got 2 different trucks?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Bought 2 Redcat Blackout XTE Pros and got 2 different trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 06:45 PM
goinforarip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought 2 Redcat Blackout XTE Pros and got 2 different trucks?

Hi there RC Universe, Im a new member and I recently purchased 2 of the Redcat XTE pros. Funny thing though, I got 2 different trucks???? I ordered them both at the same time so my 21 year old son and I could battle it out in the backyard. I got the SUV body and he got the truck body, but I was under the impression that they were the same truck. They come in the same box? They are clearly different and as luck would have it my sons truck is better. He has a different servo thats alot more responsive, he has larger shock towers, Big Bore shocks, a smaller transmitter that takes less batteries, softer foam in the tires, and the battery lasts twice as long....Thats not fair! He contacted Redcat for me and they are sending another battery which is great, but I still feel like Im getting cheated. My sons truck was set up much better as far as the alignment and gear mesh etc...My truck was really sloppy and the pinion was barely meshing with the spur. Luckily I have some experience building kits or that could have ruined our first backyard race. I feel like we should have the same exact trucks considering they cost the same and they were both ordered at the same time. I forgot to mention that one of the orings for the shock was squeezed out the side and broken so that needs to be fixed. What do you guys think is going on here? Thanks for the support. I love the truck. Im not sure if I want to return it but I dont want JR to whip me on race day because his eats up the bumps better and turns better.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:03 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a Blackout Short Course truck and Blackout Monster truck .
I thought it would be just wheels , shocks , body that would be different .
Maybe there has been an upgrade to the electronics and one truck has the old and one the new .
Old 01-28-2018, 09:06 AM
goinforarip

It wasnt supposed to be the SC truck. Redcat said it might be a first generation version but they have not offered any type of solution. The dealer that I bought the trucks from has been quick to answer questions but they keep saying they have to ask their Redcat Rep. Im just trying to figure out why I got 2 different trucks in the same boxes. I have to wonder if some of the parts were mixed up during assembly. Maybe it was built on a Friday or during a change over on the assembly line? I have to say I am really impressed with these trucks. Im 43 and I think my first kit was a grasshopper and my last kit before this was a savage. You really get alot for your money with these trucks. If Redcat doesnt send me the right parts or another truck I will probably still keep them and eventually buy some hop up parts.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:09 PM
WH1_T-type

Did this ever get resolved?