Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Which redcat

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Undieingbreed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which redcat

First post. Just joined. Looks like lots of good info, just not to exactly what I was looking for.

Looking for my first RC from redcat. Not to impressed with Traxxas pricing.

I think I narrowed down to but not so narrow to...
volcano, blackout,caldera , dukono, terremoto. All would be brushless with the Dukono being the most expensive.

I will be doing mostly backyard bashing but would like to crawl and jump. I have an acre of grass so it needs to go through that.

I originally started looking at the brushed volcano, but after looking more, it seems like even with a 2s setup they are still slow relative to a brushless setup and since the Pro versions include lipo, it's a no brainier.

after looking at videos on YT it looks like the blackout is the smallest, maybe the fastest.
The volcano seemed to be my choice with it's upgrade options and 8 shocks until I saw the other 3.
The caldera I see mentioned all over, and now with a BL and lipo it seems like a beast, but Redcat says only 25mm of clearance, that's literally under 1"....
I then looked at the terremoto 10 v2. Can't find too much on it, aside from the odd steering. Looks to have 2"+ of clearance.
also looking into the dukono and dukono pro. Big price jump on the two. I really like the lifted center chassis and looks to be a decent build. But the brushed version looks slow online. But the dukono has even less info than all the rest.

Help would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:40 AM
Beamie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hobby Beginners

Originally Posted by Undieingbreed
First post. Just joined. Looks like lots of good info, just not to exactly what I was looking for.

Looking for my first RC from redcat. Not to impressed with Traxxas pricing.

I think I narrowed down to but not so narrow to...
volcano, blackout,caldera , dukono, terremoto. All would be brushless with the Dukono being the most expensive.

I will be doing mostly backyard bashing but would like to crawl and jump. I have an acre of grass so it needs to go through that.

I originally started looking at the brushed volcano, but after looking more, it seems like even with a 2s setup they are still slow relative to a brushless setup and since the Pro versions include lipo, it's a no brainier.

after looking at videos on YT it looks like the blackout is the smallest, maybe the fastest.
The volcano seemed to be my choice with it's upgrade options and 8 shocks until I saw the other 3.
The caldera I see mentioned all over, and now with a BL and lipo it seems like a beast, but Redcat says only 25mm of clearance, that's literally under 1"....
I then looked at the terremoto 10 v2. Can't find too much on it, aside from the odd steering. Looks to have 2"+ of clearance.
also looking into the dukono and dukono pro. Big price jump on the two. I really like the lifted center chassis and looks to be a decent build. But the brushed version looks slow online. But the dukono has even less info than all the rest.

Help would be great. Thanks.
I posted my opinion in another Redcat Forum thread that most beginners should read if trying to decide whether or not to get involve into the hobby. Go here to view: https://www.redcatrampageforum.com/t...4/#post-161411

With that said. We hobbyist don't take into account the challenges, repairs, and upgrades that are needed and wanted to make this a committed technological and mechanical adventure. We brush it off, for the most part, because it's our passion and the cost is a minute challenge that we are willing to be aggravated with in order to continue to feed our passion.

Personally, I probably have spent more on ESC's and Brushless motors to buy a Traxxas X-Maxx and an Arrma Kraton 8S along with a few other vehicles and parts. It takes time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to Race and Bash in this Hobby and people do need to be forewarned before entering into this Hobby and to stick with it.

I'm a former weekend drag racer and avid Hot Rodder and any dedicated Hot Rodder will tell you, even at a young age, "It has to be in your blood or DNA." That's the absolute truth because dream about and it's all you want to philosophically talk about with like minded people.

If it's part of your "Bucket List," then give it a shot and see if it's worth it to you. You never know until you try it. Give it a shot. You never know...🤔.

Last edited by Beamie; 12-26-2019 at 09:21 AM. Reason: I have additional thoughts