Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:27 AM
shawnTXP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning

I need some help on tuning my tornado xp engine. I can't seem to stop the thing from taking off on me when i get it started. The rpm's are pretty high and when i set it on the ground i have to be totally prepared to drive it. Cuase it want to take off on me. and jsut when I thinkthat i have it adjust right the RPM's slow down and it stalls on me. Thanks

And on another note, to the people at redcat racing, you all are awesome, especially Violette. I had bought the STX at first but due to a manufacturer problem I had to send it back (after about $100 in parts they had sent me to fix it at no charge!) Then she had sent me my Tornado XP instead and overnighted it to me and I've been runnin' ever since. So thanks again redcat!!!

Shawn Keene
Ft Knox, Ky
Old 03-05-2006, 02:17 PM
bjc617

Default RE: Tuning

i had the same problem i got my car and i couldnt get the thing to start the transmitter was busted and i got the car to start 1 time without a air filter and the rpms were so high it sounded like it was going to explode and it was taking off but i had it in front of a step then after that i couldnt get the thing started for hours i tried so i brought it to a hobby shop and everything was messed up the fuse box and the crystals and so forth so i have to pick the car up in a little while so he is gonna tune it up and do everything for it i seem like i am spending more money on fixing it and stuff then what i actually paid for it lol but yer i got a lightning i believe it is i just want to run the damn thing cause it is nice out today
Old 03-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Xeller8

You guys need to pay more attention to the front page of this forum...read a little more and do a little searching for what you need...do some research before just throwing fuel in your cars and expecting grand things....this same thing was posted in the 1/10 buggy thread then a little more than 5 minutes later a new thread was started about it...

Making new threads for each and every question that has already been asked and answered several times only pushes the threads with the info you are seeking further down the forum list and maybe thats why you guys keep missing them...then we end up answering the same questions over and over again all over the board when we could be concentrating it all in one thread...

Here is the current tuning thread.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3965371/tm.htm

I think when I find some time here in the next few days I will make a new and more detailed thread about break-in and tuning that will grab everyones attention on the front page then maybe we can keep that one alive and reduce the forum clutter a bit.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
naviuk

Great Xeller8,

My biggest problem at the moment is getting my himoto to run at full throttle for more then 5 seconds, i have speant along time tyring to get the mixture right but can;t seem to get it, i do get more performance but when i pull it all the way back in a matter of seconds it's cut out, i hav bought a new air filter which is on the way, a motor saver one and also going to start using my 20% mix soon.
when you get a chance please bring up this problem or when i see the thread i'll bring it up and any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 02:50 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have the motor running to lean, you need to richen it up a little, try a 1/4 turn counter clockwise(let more fuel in). Sounds like your engine is running dry