Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Electric Redcats

Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Redcats

Hey I just wanted to say, we got out first bunch of redcat electrics in today and ran a couple of them, THEY ARE SUPER COOL, not HPI quality, but still for the change they kick butt and take names, I love em and I don't like electrics much. The fact that they come with EVERYTHING, battery and charger kicks butt.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Electric Redcats

yeah, they are a good seller for the store. I sell them to newbies or younger kids.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not only that, there is a brushless setup that redcat has for them now, killer setup and a great price: http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...brushlessmotor

i dont know why it says not in stock. i have had my electric volcano for months, i have the volcano and lightning electric.

video of my stock volcano electric: http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...CANOEDITED.flv
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

Hey I just wanted to say, we got out first bunch of redcat electrics in today and ran a couple of them, THEY ARE SUPER COOL, not HPI quality, but still for the change they kick butt and take names, I love em and I don't like electrics much. The fact that they come with EVERYTHING, battery and charger kicks butt.

not hpi quality but i think they are great quality, also not hpi price or even close to hpi price.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Ya I saw the brushless setup but like you said it says out of stock. Ya know what else we got one with no manual, same thing happened to a monsoon.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
twomanytoys

Someone needs to put a brushless truck together to show the real potential. Thats if the redcat brushless is any good.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
bluecaka69

i would go with the mamba brushless over the redcat one
Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 AM
ehroof

yeah but for the price, you cant even buy the mamba speed control!!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
cartronicshn

Guys i agree it's a killer deal for the price, as for the brusless setup it's not in stock as a combo, but you can get it if youn purchase it separately for the same pirce, i have no idea why there is even a combo if there are no savings, anyways i ordered some parts for my store and ordered a brushless to try out on my electric redcats, i'll post up any info and reviews of it.[8D]
Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 AM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: cartronicshn

Guys i agree it's a killer deal for the price, as for the brusless setup it's not in stock as a combo, but you can get it if youn purchase it separately for the same pirce, i have no idea why there is even a combo if there are no savings, anyways i ordered some parts for my store and ordered a brushless to try out on my electric redcats, i'll post up any info and reviews of it.[8D]
any info yet?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
cartronicshn

Nope, sorry, still waiting for the order to show up in florida, then get it shipped to me, maybe one more week
Old 10-21-2007, 09:50 AM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

ORIGINAL: cartronicshn

any info yet?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
cartronicshn

Sorry for not updating guys, i got the bl system, and the esc is huge[X(], compared to a mamba max maybe double in size, does have a lage heatsink, motor is 540 sized, no info on th esc, the motor info says it should operate on 9.6v-18v, i have th specs on the motor it's 3300kv, 58 amps max load[X(], and i was going to put it on my electric tornado but i decide to put it on my xl-5 rustler, i used a maxaps 7.2 4400amp stick pack and put it to the test, it does glitch a little on the very beginning of the throttle, i am pretty sure geared at 23 on the pinion and only 7.2v didn't help that much either, but after the initial glitch the car just took of, it has incredible torque in the middle range and great top end, i didn't have a radar gun to verify the speed, but i can safely say that it was doing at least 40mph on 7.2veasy, i am getting a 9.6v battery this week and a radar gun for the top speed test, but so far i really think this a great combo for the performance and the price.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
j_blaze

thats what i wanted to hear. lets see the durability now. "cheep, fast, durable. pick two" deal.