Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

CUTTING OUT ON TAKE OFF

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 07:11 PM
jamesfouquet
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CUTTING OUT ON TAKE OFF

Hers the problem. I have the car running great except that somtimes if I hit the brakes and whip the car around and gas it again it will cutt out and die. It has been raining and thought maybee I was getting water inthe air filter but then why would only do it somtimes. also it starts up first pull after it cuts out.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
UrcHobby

Default RE: CUTTING OUT ON TAKE OFF

James does it only happen when the car has a half of tank of fuel of less? Take a look and see if you are getting air bubbles in the fuel line. I have seen one do this same thing you are describing.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
jamesfouquet

the first couple of times it happend was about half a tank or less. then i had to pull the motor to fix my pull start and it didnt do it the last ime i ran it after that. Its a new tank and fuel lines. You may be right cuz thats kinda what it sounds likewhen itis happening. The tank is not the stock one I had to make another tank fit, and the fuel line is on the bottom so if I turned real sharp it is possible the fuel moved to one side and is getting air in the line. I will see what happens next time I take it out. if it contiues to give me problems I will be ordering a tank from you. I really dont think it was a tuning prob.

Thanks for all the help. I quess you saw yhe pics car looks great and isrunning strong. I ordered some stuff today that I dint realize was broke from the accident but none of it is a neccesity.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM
UrcHobby

Yea I have one here in the shop doing the same thing. I went to your gallery and looked. Looks Really good and Looks Strong!!! If you need the tank give me a call I'll have one on the side for you. I know I'm going to hear **** but I think the backdraft is the best. I can not get over that car, It's Fast and has a very smooth suspension that works great.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Mickstix

If it turns out you dont have any leaks, see if your low speed needle might be set too rich.. That can cause em to die on throttle as well..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
chevyderek72

What is that cooling head? And does the backdraft have a center diff? If not you have to run the same size tires front and rear.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM
jamesfouquet

the cooloing head is a nova pro race, and I asked the guys at th lhs if i need to run the same size tires they said no. I have mathing wheels and tires comming. They only had one set in stock.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
jamesfouquet

I think iot looks goofy without matching wheels. you have me curioius about a center diff. this is my first car and havent really been around any I know it has a front and rear diff and a 2 sp trans. so I would say no it does not have a center diff, but what do i know. I did go do some research and though it doesnt look like it the front tires are only 3/4 of a mm smaller than the rear tires. the rear wheel is larger but the tire ihas alower profile. it doesnt really matter since i broke the pull start today and I am going to order a starter for it. by then my matching tires will be in.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
chevyderek72

I mean really even if it has a center diff you want the same size tires unless its 2wd. A differential lets each side turn at different rates, like left and right wheels, so when your turning the outside wheel can turn faster than the inside. And when your racing you want the front wheels to pull you out of a corner, not the rear wheels pushing cause your more likely to spin out. But a 2 speed is basically a locked center. So the front and rear tires have to spin at the exact same rates, vs the diff will let the front whells spin faster than the rear, thus pulling.

If you have a 2 speed or a center slipper and you say have the rear wheels bigger than the front. The front wheels will have to skip and turn faster than the rears. It will put stress on the drive train and isnt good for it.

And if you have a center diff you will be constantly spinning it which will put a lot of wear on it. Im sure it would work, but wouldnt be good in the long run i bet.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM
jamesfouquet

I realize that. its no different than a four wheel drive truck (real truck). I have the matching tires comming i am just running theese in the front yard. i dont race I have alot to learn brfore i get into all that dont really care if it isnt performing 100% fo a few days

Old 10-06-2009, 01:07 AM
chevyderek72

Ya it should be fine, but on the long run i would see it wearing out or breaking.