Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Tornado EPX pro Electric motor and ESC ??

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado EPX pro Electric motor and ESC ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 PM
rernewe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado EPX pro Electric motor and ESC ??

Can anyone tell me if i can upgrade the ESC to use 3s lipos without upgrading the motor or do i need a new motor as well?

thanks.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tornado EPX pro Electric motor and ESC ??

The motor is only rated for 2S use but it is a low 3300KV so you wouldn't be spinning it all that fast. RPm won't hurt it but the voltage might be a bit much. If you're concerned then a swap to a 3500KV VXL motor wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
landow

i tried running my tornado epx pro on 3s lipo and it stripped every tooth of the spur gear instantly, so i put that plan on hold, cuase i have machinist freind that is gonna try to make a steel spur gear for me, so after that i guess we will see what breaks next. so just for your information if you plan on running 3s lipo you will need to upgrade drivetrain

Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Wo81

Steel spurs are never a good idea. If your stripping plastic spurs, your mesh isn't right. Steel spurs send any shock-load straight into the tranny and diffs. If stock traxxas spurs hold up to 6s in bl Maxx's and Revo's, then yours shouldn't have any problems with 3s.