Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano s30

Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM
deejstylz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano s30

I have a fairly new s30, and the problem i am having is every once and awhile wen i fire it up the darn thing goes in reverse!!! i have new batteries in it and haven't gotten the servos wet at all. then when it dies or i kill it and start it up it goes back to normal, also sometimes the throttle won't even go or it twitches or shakes, not sure what the prob is... please help
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 AM
RCToysNh

Default RE: volcano s30

ORIGINAL: deejstylz

I have a fairly new s30, and the problem i am having is every once and awhile wen i fire it up the darn thing goes in reverse!!! i have new batteries in it and haven't gotten the servos wet at all. then when it dies or i kill it and start it up it goes back to normal, also sometimes the throttle won't even go or it twitches or shakes, not sure what the prob is... please help
s30's do not have reverse ?

Do you mean the servos are reversed ?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 AM
a4d2a0m

ORIGINAL: RCToysNh

s30's do not have reverse ?

Do you mean the servos are reversed ?

No... he means the actual motor fires up in reverse.. I have witnessed some nitro motors can run in reverse at low rpm.

Just kill the motor pull the start once and start it back up, usually more common in new motors.

Glitchy servos are either interference or low batt. voltage.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
labec

Ive had that problem happen on my Volcano S30. Its happened twice and each time I've just turned off the truck, let it sit for a few minutes, then fired it back up.

I dont think this is a serious issue as nothing is broken or loose on my truck (Took apart the clutch bell and transmission the first time to be sure)

Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Mickstix

First I've heard of that.. Wouldnt the engine firing backwards break the pull starter or 1 way bearing? Odd..
Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 AM
deejstylz

yea usually it dies and then once you start it bak up then the wheels are back to forwards..it threw me off quit a bit jus cuz i knw it doesnt have reverse..hahah thanks alot guys for ur replys, new to this and i see this could be quit helpful in the coming future..rc's forever