Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

my 1st redcat, good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default my 1st redcat, good and bad

i wanted to get back into nitro.
i was hesitant to get a redcat, as i have heard so bad things.
but i was offered a backdraft 3.5 NEW at a good price. and it sure did look nice.

during the breakin process, the recoil broke![:@]

$30 and a week later i finished the breakin.

3 tanks later, the stock throttle servo failed. [:'(]

i replaced it with a traxxas servo.

3 tanks after that, the REPLACEMENT recoil broke!!![:@][:'(] thats breakin and 6 more tanks and ive gone through 2 recoils!!!

by this point i like the buggy, it handle nice and is pretty quick. i have jumped it alittle and it seems overall to be fairly durable.

if it werent for the servo and recoil i would say that this redcat is well worth the money. but it seems that redcat still has some stuff to get right
Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
buggyboy2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my 1st redcat, good and bad

Ouch, That kinda sucks bro, I had a couple issues with throttle servo, But return spring fixed everything.
But from My experience with both My Redcats.. Not a single problem, Any damage that was done was operator error :P Some peeps just have bad luck!
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i wanted to get back into nitro.
i was hesitant to get a redcat, as i have heard so bad things.
but i was offered a backdraft 3.5 NEW at a good price. and it sure did look nice.

during the breakin process, the recoil broke![:@]

$30 and a week later i finished the breakin.

3 tanks later, the stock throttle servo failed. [:'(]

i replaced it with a traxxas servo.

3 tanks after that, the REPLACEMENT recoil broke!!![:@][:'(] thats breakin and 6 more tanks and ive gone through 2 recoils!!!

by this point i like the buggy, it handle nice and is pretty quick. i have jumped it alittle and it seems overall to be fairly durable.

if it werent for the servo and recoil i would say that this redcat is well worth the money. but it seems that redcat still has some stuff to get right
Old 09-06-2010, 06:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

yeh, i figured the 1st recoil failed because the motor wasnt broken in yet and was hard to pull over. but there is no reason the second recoil should have failed so soon. as for the servo, it looked pretty cheap so it didnt really shock me when it died.

i did email redcat, to see if they will send me a new recoil.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
buggyboy2010

Yea, fair enough. The second one had no reason to break, And good thing Ya contacted Redcat, They will help You out as much as possible, Great guys over there. And I even switched out My stock radio gear for a Futaba set-up

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

yeh, i figured the 1st recoil failed because the motor wasnt broken in yet and was hard to pull over. but there is no reason the second recoil should have failed so soon. as for the servo, it looked pretty cheap so it didnt really shock me when it died.

i did email redcat, to see if they will send me a new recoil.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i emailed redcat about my problems.
4 days later, i have a new servo and a new recoil.
they responded quickly to my email, and ill i had to do was fill out their warrenty form on their website. it was really easy.

now i just need to find the time to put the new parts on my buggy.

so, you can add redcat's customer service to my list of "things i do like about my redcat"

Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Mickstix

Pre warm the engine with a hairdryer or heat gun and it'll let it turn over and start easier.. Also, make sure you dont "overprime" the carb, as that can make it harder to turn over as well.. (When priming the motor, just prime until the fuel reaches the carb.. No further!) Good luck with the replacement parts!!