RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Some new Shredder Pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10565255-some-new-shredder-pics.html)

RedcatRacing 06-09-2011 11:25 AM

Some new Shredder Pics

1 Attachment(s)
The new 1/6 Scale Shredders are getting closer to production in China and I wanted to show a few new pics of the Buggy and Truck.

Darin

electricrc68 06-09-2011 11:28 AM

RE: Some new Shredder Pics

sorry im not trying to say anything bad about redcat, but to me, they look a little [:'(].

RedcatRacing 06-09-2011 11:45 AM

No problem on negative comments. We can't get better without them.

Darin

Goatcrapp 06-09-2011 12:09 PM

so far - the short course bodies look the best IMO.
What will pricing look like on these?

ThePenguins 06-09-2011 02:13 PM

I'm not too fond of either, but I think the buggy body is different and could potentially look good if the wing sat a bit higher.

Edit: I do like the vehicles just not their bodies.

electricrc68 06-09-2011 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

No problem on negative comments. We can't get better without them.

Darin
okay just making sure. thanks.
<br type="_moz" />

masterhacker1989 06-09-2011 04:20 PM

new 1/6 scale, and still no aluminum upper chassis plate for the earthquakes...

nitrosportsandrunner 06-09-2011 05:22 PM

i like the buggy. the wing being lower than the body looks different, but i kinda like it like that.

and to masterhacker1989: do you mean the center part that goes over the spur and center diff? i have wished there was a alloy hop up for that plastic part as well.
my 8e really turns heads when i take it to parks and such. most around here have never seen a RC as fast as the 8e nor one that can take the kinda abuse i put the 8e threw!
crazy how many people assume it must be gas powered:eek:

nitrosportsandrunner 06-09-2011 05:24 PM

judging by the pics, im gonna guess this is a stretched version of the 8e line?
seems like i see a earthquake bumper and the same shocks/shock tower. could be wrong. just a guess.

xerxes 06-09-2011 06:29 PM

i dont think il get 1 kuz u didnt pik my name & im a sore loser : /

St33v3 06-09-2011 08:38 PM

The buggy is ok but the truck is ugly.

But it looks like you took pictures with a wide angle lens, isn't it?

Take new pictures with 85mm+ lens, pictures won't be distorted.<br type="_moz" />

masterhacker1989 06-10-2011 04:28 AM

yeah I meant that thing that goes over the spur, the stock one is complete crap, I want a aluminum one, I may see about making one

electricrc68 06-10-2011 11:39 AM

i just have a question. is it possible maybe, for redcat to make 1/18 or 1/16 cars?

RedcatRacing 06-13-2011 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some SC pics.

Darin

electricrc68 06-13-2011 11:56 AM

now the SC is awesome!

RedcatRacing 06-13-2011 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New pic with some basic specs on XT.

Darin

Goatcrapp 06-15-2011 04:35 PM

Looks a lot better from that angle.. also - the paint being too busy (on that body style) is also taking away from it. I think with a smaller pallet of colors, larger expanses of the same color, etc... might make that stadium truck body style a little nicer.

My favorite is still the short course, however.

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

New pic with some basic specs on XT.

Darin

stevenwilliams 06-17-2011 05:18 AM

Are these going to be 2S2P like the backbraft 8E or 3S2P?

xerxes 06-19-2011 08:05 PM

k.

iv got a good question.

u say its a new 1/6 scale buggy.

how is it diffrent frum da rampage xb-e brushless 1/5 scale buggy?

is dis new 1 gunna replase da xb-e? will it b da same price? lower?
same elects? power & speed?
is it da same size?

same design & layout?

Goatcrapp 06-19-2011 09:29 PM

Dude,

Your posts are unreadable. Not only that - but it seems to me that it would take MOREeffort to write like that, than it does to actually make sense...

seriously man... I'm not trying to go all grammar nazi on you... but you're getting a bit ridiculous now.

Now to answer some of your questions - being a 1/6th - it could go one of two ways - a stretched/beefed up 1/8 - it'll use many of the same components as the backdraft/aftershock/earthquake, etc...OR it could be a slimmed down 1/5 - ie: rampage.

I'm thinking it'll be a beefed up 1/8, based on the weight they stated.. the 1/5 stuff is heavy... i'm not sure how they would get that target weight with 1/5 running gear. Maybe the motor and servos, but i'm betting money on the 1/8 transmission, dogbones, etc...

Another option is: its an entirely different vehicle altogether. Redcat sources from other RCmakers in china (they've said as much), and tweaks the specs and designs so that it becomes their own... and I don't know if its one product house they do business with in china, or many... but if many - there's a good chance this vehicle will not be related to their 1/8 series or 1/5 series in any way shape or form except the redcat logo and radio gear (since thats easy to adapt to any application)

re:size - they are different scales - so of course they won't be the same size. Ialso doubt they will be killing off the rampage.... even though its just 1 scale "point" away - when you get into larger scales - there's a bigger and bigger difference - its not linear. There's likely a bigger difference between 1/6 and 1/5 than there is between 1/10 and 1/8.

*edit - going by their measurements above - the 1/6 should be 2" thinner, and 4 inches shorter than the 1/5. The wheelbases however are surprisingly similar (3/4"shorter)- so who knows.. maybe it is a trimmed down 1/5

ORIGINAL: xerxes

k.

iv got a good question.

u say its a new 1/6 scale buggy.

how is it diffrent frum da rampage xb-e brushless 1/5 scale buggy?

is dis new 1 gunna replase da xb-e? will it b da same price? lower?
same elects? power &amp; speed?
is it da same size?

same design &amp; layout?