RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Backdraft vs Hurricane? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10895639-backdraft-vs-hurricane.html)

jbain2 01-06-2012 08:05 PM

Backdraft vs Hurricane?

From the Redcat website, I can't really tell what the difference(s) are that would account for a $70 difference in price? Is there a reason to spend the extra $70? Thanks.

wildbills rc 01-07-2012 07:06 AM

RE: Backdraft vs Hurricane?

From what Ive read and been told the backdraft is lighter but not made as tough. The hurricane is the top of the line buggy with thicker and better parts. Also hase a bigger motor and metal gears if Im not mistaken.

rchobbyunlimited 01-07-2012 09:40 AM

The huricane is a better built buggy stronger parts, bigger motor, can upgrade the hurricane to carbon fiber parts alot less problems well worth the extra money. You will not be disapointed in the hurricane.

ShredderGuy 01-07-2012 03:09 PM

If you do not want problems.. Buy the Hurricane XTE. It is a Beast!

jbain2 01-07-2012 07:37 PM

Thanks. Seems like the Hurricane is the way to go. I am looking to pick one up used.

nitrosportsandrunner 01-07-2012 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: jbain2

Thanks. Seems like the Hurricane is the way to go. I am looking to pick one up used.
are you looking for the nitro, or the brushless version?
may be able to find a used nitro version....but the brushless ones are pretty new and it will be hard to find a used one.

also, i dont reccomend a used nitro...no matter what model. the chances are just too high IMO that the previous owner didnt take care of the motor right. in which case, you will just be buying a headache.
now, if you found a used roller at a really good price, and bought a new motor thats a different story.
with nitros, New is the way to go IMO.

jbain2 01-07-2012 07:54 PM

I am looking for Brushless. I am willing to wait a bit. Nitro is too much maintnence for me right now. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

may be able to find a used nitro version....but the brushless ones are pretty new and it will be hard to find a used one.

also, i dont reccomend a used nitro...no matter what model. the chances are just too high IMO that the previous owner didnt take care of the motor right. in which case, you will just be buying a headache.
now, if you found a used roller at a really good price, and bought a new motor thats a different story.

wildbills rc 01-08-2012 04:07 AM

I am looking for Brushless. I am willing to wait a bit. Nitro is too much maintnence for me right now. Thanks.

Why not just get a new one? $380 with 2 lipo batteries...cheap

jbain2 01-08-2012 06:45 AM

Cheap for you, not for me!

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

Why not just get a new one? $380 with 2 lipo batteries...cheap