RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Sumo help please! Horrible high pitch (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10918028-sumo-help-please-horrible-high-pitch.html)

wildbills rc 01-19-2012 10:02 PM

Sumo help please! Horrible high pitch

Just got in my sumo truggy and OMG this thing has a horrible high pitched sound at all times. All thr batteries are new and I have no clue what it could be. Also, my reverse isnt working. Ive read the entire manual and messed with all the knobs and switches. Any advise. My buddy also bought one and his is making the horrible loud noise also but him reverse is working fine. Did Iget a bad car?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-20-2012 04:19 AM

RE: Sumo help please! Horrible high pitch

ORIGINAL: wildbills rc

Just got in my sumo truggy and OMG this thing has a horrible high pitched sound at all times. All thr batteries are new and I have no clue what it could be. Also, my reverse isnt working. Ive read the entire manual and messed with all the knobs and switches. Any advise. My buddy also bought one and his is making the horrible loud noise also but him reverse is working fine. Did I get a bad car?
its possible your car is defective.

but i believe the high pitch sound you are hearing is the PCM board. Its what takes the throttle signal from the radio and controls the voltage that goes to the motor. basically, all speed controls make some "whine" noise i would call it. But mini's and micro rc's all seem to do it worse. I recall my sumo was also loud.

on the radio, the car works in forward and steers fine, but reverse doesnt work at all(or is it just hard to get it to go reverse but sometimes it will)

I liked my sumo for the truck itself, but didnt care for the stock radio. I swapped it out for a standard traxxas AM radio. That got rid of the glitchyness.

wildbills rc 01-20-2012 04:37 AM

it won't go into reverse at all. And the loud pitch is horrible
<br type="_moz" />

nitrosportsandrunner 01-20-2012 05:51 AM

<br type=''_moz'' />
the gear mesh could be too tight, that would make a bad noise.

if it doesnt go in reverse at all, no matter how you adjust the throttle trim on the radio then something (radio or PCM board) is defectrive.

wildbills rc 01-20-2012 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

<br type="" />
the gear mesh could be too tight, that would make a bad noise.

if it doesnt go in reverse at all, no matter how you adjust the throttle trim on the radio then something (radio or PCM board) is defectrive.
ya, It wont go into reverse no matter what