RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4000017-redcat-you-shouldnt-show-video-your-webpage.html)

ehroof 03-10-2006 08:45 PM

RE: redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

Now i will sleep a full 8hrs tonight!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Xeller8 03-10-2006 08:52 PM

Dang!...I'm surprised at how fast you responded...I figured you would have passed out ALREADY cuz I agreed with your point. ;)

LMAO!!!:D

I really do see what you are saying...it IS cool that they were able to do that and drive away showing their POTENTIAL...(great marketing tool)...but at the same time it gives the wrong impression to some of how these things can or should be driven.

ehroof 03-10-2006 08:58 PM

LOL, my head was falling and it hit my monitor and i woke up

Xeller8 03-10-2006 09:01 PM

ROTFLMAO!!

Well...welcome back!:D

Kemo 03-10-2006 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Thats all i was saying! Excellent for selling, not what you should do.
You guys get pissed off about the smallest things. Its not like he was TRYING to crash, it just happened to be a good piece of footage showing how the vehicle survived a mistake.

ehroof 03-11-2006 09:33 AM

Sure Kemo, i am going to sell a product and show that you can slam into a fence as fast as you can, not once but twice and nothing will happen unless you try it. You see i am almost 100% sure if i did that i would break my rc's. What i feel they are saying is that if you buy my product, you can do this and this is what's going to happen, well in the real world thats not true. I am an adult but maybe kids would be watching that and figure they can do that and nothing is going to happen and when it does they will come here, post how their car broke. Check out other manufacturers videos, do you see them slamming into anything??? No, they show donuts, jumps etc. but no slamming into things. I am not pissed, i could really care less, i'm not going to do it but a kid may see it and think they can and would be a little upset if it breaks.

maxxhavoc 03-12-2006 12:29 AM

it was actually the video that made me want to take a look at redcat products in the first place. i have to agree with other replies as far as children getting the impression that you can bash the car without restraint and keep on running. as an adult i realize this hobby is full of broken parts weather you run soft or hard. i was running my x-c and as i was hitting the brakes it did a 180 and lightly tapped the curb result: broken rear hub. the truck was only moving literally 1 maybe 1 1/2 mph. i think their promo video is great, which is why i was looking at the hurricane. dont got a buggy, YET!!!!:)