RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   quick question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4030844-quick-question.html)

thecool1 03-13-2006 10:09 PM

quick question

how do you get those little C clamps off? just rip em off? cause i gotta change the door mount and i didnt want to break them.

jeeperscreapers 03-13-2006 10:11 PM

RE: quick question

i use needle nose pliars.... usually break though after a time or 2.... sometimes they break on the first time

Xeller8 03-13-2006 11:43 PM

You can use a very small screw driver or pick to get in between one of the grooves on the c-clip and the shaft and work them off.

j-boy 03-14-2006 12:26 AM

xr eight is right. Thats how I get mine off. Use the needle nose to squeeze them back to what they were like before you took them off if they are loose when you put them back on. Just be carefull because they are easy to crush. Also prying them off with a screwdriver tends to make them air born so you might put a towell over the car while your poppin them off. Just peek under it to see what your doing. I bougt a cheap shop magnet too for those unfortunate times when I do drop one. Makes it so much easier to find those teensy weency itty bitty teeny tiny @!$#in little *%$#%$# when they get into the carpet.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Also to all you newbs out there... pay attention to Xeller8! Hes one of the good ones. Knows his stuff!

Xeller8 03-14-2006 12:37 AM

Wow man...thanks!....don't know what to say really other than I'm just ME and I like to try and help people out if I can...I don't feel I'm better than anybody else and I definitely don't know EVERYTHING but I will do my best to help find the answers I don't have...but hey...thanks again for the compliment bud....I appreciate it.[8D]

As for those c-clips...you really don't need to hide under a towel necessarily...lol...once you have the screwdriver or pick in position just put your finger over the clip until it pops loose then it should just fall to the table.;)

redman1 03-14-2006 12:45 AM

hey guys whats up.Im a little new with nitro vehicles ive only
ran electric stuff.Im wondering what do you mean about door mounts.
I have went through my owners manual several times and see nothing about
it.I hate to sound so new ,but when you dont know you dont know.If anyone
could please try to explain this to a newby,he sure would appreciate it,thanks.

Xeller8 03-14-2006 12:53 AM

LOL!...yeah...that is pretty damn confusing...another example of translation gone wrong...

They are actually c-hubs or hub mounts that hold the front axle hubs (also called steering arms) in place.

Oh...and don't ever worry about "sounding so new"...nuttin wrong with that at all...if you have questions go right ahead and ask![8D]

redman1 03-14-2006 01:04 AM

Thanks for being cool.

Connormon 03-14-2006 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: j-boy

xr eight is right. Thats how I get mine off. Use the needle nose to squeeze them back to what they were like before you took them off if they are loose when you put them back on. Just be carefull because they are easy to crush. Also prying them off with a screwdriver tends to make them air born so you might put a towell over the car while your poppin them off. Just peek under it to see what your doing. I bougt a cheap shop magnet too for those unfortunate times when I do drop one. Makes it so much easier to find those teensy weency itty bitty teeny tiny @!$#in little *%$#%$# when they get into the carpet.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Also to all you newbs out there... pay attention to Xeller8! Hes one of the good ones. Knows his stuff!
I agree xeller really knows his $#*%.

But yea needle nose work perfectly.

thecool1 03-14-2006 11:21 AM

alright guys...ima change that mount today. it broke after the truck did about 6 or 7 consecutive flips. it was sweet.