RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   New Aluminum - Work in progress @ TST (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4241882-new-aluminum-work-progress-%40-tst.html)

TopSpeedToys 05-23-2006 02:24 PM

RE: New Aluminum - Work in progress @ TST

I'm good, thanks Cartronics...

Well, seems we have a delay. First time around we made the pcs from round bar stock.
Limited us to one at a time. Now we are going to mill them out from 1" square bar stock.
Working on fixtures and clamping the material down. Once ready, we should be able to make
10-15 at a time. It's just taking a bit longer than expected. Should know more by the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Mark

Gotalightningvx 05-25-2006 05:37 PM

I was wondering if those are going to be compatible with the lightning vx does anyone know?

TopSpeedToys 05-25-2006 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Gotalightningvx

I was wondering if those are going to be compatible with the lightning vx does anyone know?

Yes, they will.

These will fit the following:

Redcat Racing 1/10 scale

Lightning VX
Tornado XL and XP
Volcano STX

Himoto 1/10 scale

Syclone
Eldorada
Rapida

HSP (Hi-Speed) 1/10 scale

Sonic
Atomic Warhead
Tyrannasaurus

lboxx360 05-27-2006 02:11 AM

sweet let me know when there done ill be getin some :D

cartronicshn 06-02-2006 07:19 AM

Mark, any updates?

TopSpeedToys 06-02-2006 11:26 AM

Only bad news cartronics,

Project is on hold!!!!

We might have to vend this one out to China. Our intent was to make them here (USA) but cost is too high.
We've already got a quote to produce in China, just need to work out the details if we are going to proceed.

We are working on a couple of other new things also.

I'll update all as soon as I know more. We are not giving up, hopefully we will have something to help improve these machines soon.

Mark

TopSpeedToys 06-03-2006 02:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ehroof

Mark, i would be interested in trying out your aluminum, i have the tornado xp and the volcano.

Although the aluminum steering arm thing is on hold.....(thank you for your patiance)
I will try to redeem myself with a retrofit to help with the sterring arm issue.
Looking to see if we can convert to a ball joint type steering. (like on a REVO)

Parts consists of upper/lower control arms, ball joint type steering nuckles, and new gear box's front and rear.
Not sure if it will work ( according to my guy in china, it will or can be done ) and I could still use a lab rat or two from the selected people on this tread. Currently I only have the conversion parts for the Volcano but Tornado parts are coming soon.
So, lab rats must have a Volcano

I see ehroof has a Volcano.... what do you say ehroof??? I can provide the parts, you think you can make it work?
I would try it myself but don't have much time now a days and it does take some now how.

Let me know ehroof, it's in your capable hands..if you want to try ;)

Mark

P.S. Don't forget guys, gals & everything in between, this is a retrofit we are trying to do. I'm not sure if it will work... I already feel bad enough about the aluminum steering arms being delayed or on hold for now but we are trying. I will also start a new thread so it doesn't get confusing.

ehroof 06-03-2006 10:51 AM

sure mark, i will try it out, let me know what you want to do.

thanks
eddie

TopSpeedToys 06-03-2006 11:29 AM

sure mark, i will try it out, let me know what you want to do.

thanks
eddie

ok, just try to retrofit your truck and if successfull, post your results on the other thread.

Mark

ehroof 06-03-2006 11:33 AM

will do

Popper252 06-07-2006 10:36 PM

Hey buddy, just wondering if you have any more estimates on when the front knuckles and c-hubs may be ready for testing.

TopSpeedToys 06-07-2006 10:50 PM

Sorry Pop, aluminum is on hold..... see previous posts.

Though I should have some ball joint knukles for you to retrofit your buggy by the end of this week.

Mark

Popper252 06-07-2006 11:47 PM

I see, you're using the new knuckles off the new tornado bb?
I can understand putting them on hold especially if they're switching to a new front end design.
Let me know if you need a tester. I'd be more than happy to help you out.
You know how picture happy I am :D

TopSpeedToys 06-08-2006 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Popper252

I see, you're using the new knuckles off the new tornado bb?
I can understand putting them on hold especially if they're switching to a new front end design.
Let me know if you need a tester. I'd be more than happy to help you out.
You know how picture happy I am :D

As soon as I get the arms and all for the buggy, you'll be one of the first to receive them;)

I still have your addy...

Mark

blackdogafd 06-09-2006 11:19 AM

hey mark count me in too for the testing on my buggy, i love using it as a lab rat!!!

tat2d2dope 06-14-2006 12:12 AM

steering arm 02014 in aluminum is on e-bay now in purple, i just bought a set for $26 shipped.

cartronicshn 06-14-2006 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: tat2d2dope

steering arm 02014 in aluminum is on e-bay now in purple, i just bought a set for $26 shipped.
how about a link?

never mind, hadn't read your other post:eek:

Cas_NitroGT 06-14-2006 04:04 PM

Those look sweet man but I have to agree thy would look great in the anidised purple... because the rest of the car like the chassis and shocks are purple... but that would deff be good for the market... and most of the pobs your have with those to... are the bearings are to small for the hubs...

Tim Wiltse-RCU 06-23-2006 03:50 PM

Man I hate it when people call that color purple.. in the anodizing world it's "violet" now that's brokeback huh. There is a big difference between my purple and violet anodizing dyes.

Later,
Tim

TopSpeedToys 06-23-2006 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Man I hate it when people call that color purple.. in the anodizing world it's "violet" now that's brokeback huh. There is a big difference between my purple and violet anodizing dyes.

Later,
Tim

Haha, that's funny... I bought my wife what I thought was a pink RAZOR cell phone. She got it and said, "what!! this is not pink it's magenta." Damn!! then I see there's 3 different colors... fuchsia, pink, magenta ... whatever lol!!

But this still looks like brokebak barney purple to me... I don't care what you say ;)

Team Knowitall 06-23-2006 04:48 PM

I'm glad the new SV's and BB's come with blue chassis plates:D

10 years and I haven't been able to get used to that purple....i mean...what gives eh?

TopSpeedToys 06-23-2006 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Redcat Support

I'm glad the new SV's and BB's come with blue chassis plates:D

10 years and I haven't been able to get used to that purple....i mean...what gives eh?

navy blue, sky blue, dark blu light blue or just brokeback papa smurf blue?

C'mon Eric, you've got to be more specific than that. If you want to help people, you cant give these blunt answers ;)

MrCheezeWhizz 06-24-2006 12:16 PM

Yo topspeed, i just came across this thread, and was wondering if you need any more volcano parts tested. I'd be more than happy to take some time to fit and try out some parts :)

ehroof 06-24-2006 12:21 PM

mark, just wondering what happened to the retrofit, any news on the missing parts? I wouldnt ask redcat support, he is just worried about the color of the aluminum parts, not the numbers or parts we need. i remember you asking him about the missing parts, did you ever get a reply??

TopSpeedToys 06-24-2006 05:12 PM

mark, just wondering what happened to the retrofit, any news on the missing parts? I wouldnt ask redcat support, he is just worried about the color of the aluminum parts, not the numbers or parts we need. i remember you asking him about the missing parts, did you ever get a reply??

Well, my contact in China says I can get the parts in a few weeks.... so i thought I would just wait for Redcat to stock them and buy what we need from there. I understand redcat will have their site redone with the new models begining July and parts will be available a week after.

Mark