RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   hurricane pro tight (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/4270066-hurricane-pro-tight.html)

snyp7 06-01-2006 05:52 PM

RE: hurricane pro tight

Mine are shipping out a day to two days after there bought and paid for. They arrive DHL Ground for free or 2 day shipping is 40 more. They arrive rather quick according to my customers.

chubbysuncle 06-01-2006 06:02 PM

Yeah.. But has anybody actually ever seen one? I've seen the pictures and just for other forum members he ordered it from the site that's has the picture link up near the top of this thread. He has had decent communication with the guy I guess. Has anyone here ever seen one run though????[sm=rolleyes.gif]

snyp7 06-01-2006 06:07 PM

My customer has already received his, I just checked his delivery status, his shipped out the 30th and was delivered today. His ebay name was hepkay1w4i so you can email him and ask him.

chubbysuncle 06-01-2006 06:22 PM

He Didn't order it from you. I said he ordered it from the site the picture link led to. Anthonys Hobbies. If you want you could send one to me (just in case I'm mistaken) and I'll make sure he gets it!:D

snyp7 06-01-2006 06:30 PM

I'm not talking about anthony hobbies I'm talking about my customer. I sell on ebay name is $upadealz

chubbysuncle 06-01-2006 06:39 PM

I realize that. I'm not going to email someone out of the blue cause he bought a new RC car. I wanted to know If anyone here on the forum has one. I will let my friend know that you don't seem to have any trouble getting them shipped. Thank You.

I guess no one here has one though...........

Popper252 06-02-2006 01:14 AM

Is redcat even shipping these things out yet? Cuz i've seen them offered on plenty of sites but no ones seems to have grabbed one yet.

cartronicshn 06-02-2006 07:18 AM

guys, sorry i haven't posted lately;), got hit by the rockcrawling bug, it's awesome, bought like 4 crawlers and i'am just loving it, anyways i got my pro almost 10 days ago, haven't even checked the radio to see if it works:eek:, but let me tell you, this thing is awesome, it's a bit heavier then the xp with all the aluminum, yes it's got aluminum all oevr every part rcr stocks for cane's in aluminum it's on the pro:D, the front a lower arms are plastic though[&:], the rear arms are aluminum as most of the steering and suspension links, it has a .28 sh motor (japan) it looks real [8D] on the black/grey color sheme, i will try to make some time this weekend fro my nitros to fully evaluate the pro and give a review on monday.... if don't go rockcrawling again;)

bluecaka69 06-02-2006 09:15 AM

can you post some good pics of it

cartronicshn 06-02-2006 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here yuo go, on the far end you may catch a glimpse of a couple of crawlers:D

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-02-2006 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Popper252

Is redcat even shipping these things out yet? Cuz i've seen them offered on plenty of sites but no ones seems to have grabbed one yet.
I actually got to ogle one the other day.
SOLID...it's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad car:D
If I hadn't spent so much money on movin out here, I'd have picked one up already[&:]

Eric W
Redcat Support

charlieboy 06-04-2006 02:40 PM

Thats a beauty, i got to get me one of those, it looks tough apart from the front lower arm!!

Can't wait for you to test it and tell us how it performs!!

RoadBurner 06-05-2006 02:53 AM

Hey everyone,
I bought my xp pro from snyp7 off ebay ($upadealz) and got it two days later with the free shipping......granted I live one state from the warehouse, but still the response was great, I would not recommend Antonyhobby, as I placed an order and never recieved anything not even my money back, he wouldn't respond to my paypal dipute so credit card reimburst me though. I have broke in the motor and this car rips. It is very solid! Some minor adjustments to the shocks and it was good to go. The remote is not all that great but it does work limited range. But for the money I would have bought the car with out the remote.....lots of aluminum! If you do get one locktight the screws.....some seem to back out. As for the high torq servo....I am not sure, I am assuming the steering servo would have the high torq servo... the steering seems very tight and responsive. I must admit I am really starting to like this car. .28 motor runs great and easy to start. I will try to post more on the XP Pro later.

Dan

cartronicshn 06-05-2006 07:28 AM

No reviews from me today:eek:, as i went to the track yesterday and it was pouring[:@], yep raining the whole afternoon and through the night, so as soon as i get some sunshine i'am gonna head backt to the track, but it seems roadburner is having a blast with his:D

Team Knowitall 06-05-2006 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: charlie_gre

Thats a beauty, i got to get me one of those, it looks tough apart from the front lower arm!!

Better to break a lower suspension arm than a bulkhead/diff case;)

Gotta put plastic somewhere, lol.

charlieboy 06-05-2006 12:53 PM

Well i guess if somethings got to break the front lower arms would be better!! I was actually considering that before i made the post!

RoadBurner 06-09-2006 01:24 AM

2nd Review! First off 2 very important things to remember (may apply to all r/c's) First make sure you have a failsafe and your fail safe is set up correctly and following instructions. I didn't have my voltage fail safe at a high enough setting and batteries couldn't drive servo back to brake, or drive it at all for this matter. There is no worse feeling than chasing a awall buggy that is going 60 mph down the road. By the time I ran a half block the car was three blocks away upside down in a dry field of weeds wide open throttle, I thought it was going to catch on fire before I could get to it, oh not to mention when I got to it I picked it up by the pipe ouch!!!!!! No damage at all what so ever to the buggy just some weeds to blow out my hand is a little burnt but nothing I can't handle! Second, again locktight ALL screws!!! I was stomping the buggy through some pretty hair bumps and the bottom rear shock screw fell out and busted the shock end and bent the shock shaft, not a costly repair but annoying waiting for spares to arive in the mail. I am going to expeirment with some heavier shock oil, this buggy has some weight and I think the stock oil is not thick enough to over come the weight. Does anybody know how or any suggestions to test for correct shock oil weight, this may save me time if someone knows the secret. I know these things are mostly user error and that is the only problems I have had. Car is easy to start with the pull cord (if primed first). I still think the radio needs to go, although I went driving in different area and got better range, but not much better! I sure would like to hear if anybody else has one of these Pro's and what they think about it. As for me I love it! It sure is fun racing cars up and down the road. I am also looking for some street tires anybody got any hints as to where I might find some.

Dan

chopper8984 06-09-2006 02:12 AM

for those of you that alredy have the pro kit dose it still have the issues with burning up spur gears

RoadBurner 06-09-2006 02:15 AM

I don't know if I have had mine long enough to know I have little over an hour or 7 tanks on mine. Is there any signs that I might look for! Everything seems to be ok!

Chubbysdad 06-09-2006 05:16 AM

Hey chopper, the hurricane's dont have a problem with the spur gears.

charlieboy 06-10-2006 06:58 AM

Hey roadburner, could you give us an approx. weight of the car with batteries and fuel. I imagine it should be quite heavy with all the alum. parts.
I upgraded a few of my syclone parts and the weight went up quite a bit and thats just a 1/10 scale. Could the pro be above 7 pounds?

RoadBurner 06-10-2006 03:41 PM

The XP Pro weighs right about 8 1/2 lbs with batteries and full tank of gas.

Team Knowitall 06-12-2006 10:42 AM

that's right about what my XTM X-Terminator weighs, and it's all plastic[X(]

RoadBurner 06-12-2006 11:26 AM

The Xp weighs 7.3 pounds with out batteries and gas. If you think about it aluminum doesn't weigh to much more that plastic, especially in the smaller quanities used for these cars.