RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   "OFFICIAL" Tsunami thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/5256494-%22official%22-tsunami-thread.html)

ehroof 01-12-2007 10:57 PM

"OFFICIAL" Tsunami thread

Hi guys, i got my tsunami today, i upgraded the clutch bell to the 2 speed hpi and the clutch spring to the traxxas 4146x. i will start the break in tomorrow if it doesnt rain over the weekend. Anyone else have this truck, if so what do you think???

bluecaka69 01-12-2007 11:56 PM

RE: "OFFICIAL" Tsunami thread

I think you arew a LUCKY F*^%^ER LOL how do you like it from what you see I kinda like the looks of it but am very hesitant on getting one cause i know nothing bout them

nitrospeed33 01-13-2007 12:02 AM

Wow, another? how many nitros do you have. and how many electrics do you have? you must have more than a hobby shop.:D

ehroof 01-13-2007 10:48 AM

it looks nice, i will post pictures of it later blue. nirto i have 16 cars and trucks, 6 boats, 2 motorcycles, 2 tanks, 3 planes and 4 helicopters.

Chubbysdad 01-13-2007 01:14 PM

ok whats the report..... how did the single speed work out for the tornado xp?

ehroof 01-13-2007 01:27 PM

thanks dennis, it fit perfect, i put the hpi 15tooth bell on it but the down side is that it is raining so i didnt get a chance to try it out, hopefully it will be better with the single speed and the bigger tires. Your the best bro

nitrospeed33 01-13-2007 02:00 PM

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]
holy poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(] thats alot. have you acctually drivin them all???lol. seriously thats alot to keep track of. i only have one, and to have a second one would be like heaven for me. and my freind has 3 nitros and 1 electric and i thought thats alot. he doesn't even have time to drive them all, i wanna know if you've even seen them all.lol:D

bluecaka69 01-13-2007 02:18 PM

what motorcycles you have ive been thinking of getting this one [link=http://www.acehobby.com/ace/TTR6301_F.htm]Thunder Tiger - Ducati Desmosedici RTR 1:5th Nitro [/link]

ORIGINAL: ehroof

it looks nice, i will post pictures of it later blue. nirto i have 16 cars and trucks, 6 boats, 2 motorcycles, 2 tanks, 3 planes and 4 helicopters.

ehroof 01-13-2007 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have the electric 1/5 ninja, i think nitro would be a pain in the a** on a bike, i will probably get that eventually. LOL
heres a picture of my stock tsunami, i have changed the clutch bell to a 2 speed hpi set up and changed the clutch spring, may change the rims to chrome.

Chubbysdad 01-13-2007 06:19 PM

Let me know what you think of the tsunami. I have yet to get one.

ehroof 01-13-2007 06:52 PM

will do bro as soon as the weather breaks.

TheWatcher 01-13-2007 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: clermontmotorsports

will do bro as soon as the weather breaks

You guys are way to obvious. Have you no shame. Redcat should rename the forum.
Maybe Tank will.....

ehroof 01-13-2007 08:32 PM

? what are you talking about?

Chubbysdad 01-13-2007 08:55 PM

Explain... I asked him how he likes the tsunami. hmmm trick question maybe?? If your not happy with the forum, look for a better one. We have a good group of people here willing to help.
Oh and by the way, tank isnt involved with redcatracing :) lol:D

ehroof 01-13-2007 09:11 PM

I am confused by the tank thing, actually the whole comment he made is a little confusing, does anyone understand what he was trying to say?

nantucket 01-13-2007 09:46 PM

Your guess is as good as mine.http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...et10/dunno.gif

bluecaka69 01-14-2007 01:24 AM

dunno either guys way to wierd for me [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

RedcatRacing 01-14-2007 01:39 AM

Dunno either. Tank bought Redcat Motors. Tank did not buy Redcat Racing, that still is owned by me and we are moving it next week to a new location.

Darin

AllAboutFunHobbies 01-14-2007 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: clermontmotorsports

I can tell you right now, if you want to know. we have a tsunami we use for a demo truck, there friggin awsome and they handle great, once you get rid of that aluminum clutch bell.

Team Knowitall 01-14-2007 03:45 AM

the Tsunami is a great truck, aside from the obvious clutchbell issue, which Redcat apparently doesn't think enough of their customers to get taken care of.

What I don't understand though is why the volcano pro doesn't have the Tsunami wheels/tires and the 2 speed, LOL

and yes, I understand that would effectively make it a Tsunami with a Volcano body...

ehroof 01-14-2007 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Team Knowitall

the Tsunami is a great truck, aside from the obvious clutchbell issue, which Redcat apparently doesn't think enough of their customers to get taken care of.

What I don't understand though is why the volcano pro doesn't have the Tsunami wheels/tires and the 2 speed, LOL

and yes, I understand that would effectively make it a Tsunami with a Volcano body...

I heard thru the grapevine that redcat will be getting hardned steel clutch bells and better springs on their stuff in the next couple of months.

ehroof 01-14-2007 04:06 PM

ok, got to run 5 tanks thru the tsunami before the rain came down pretty heavy. i just started to lean it out a little. have the 2 speed shifting good, just need to tune in the next tank, maybe next weekend. The truck handles nice, and has the same speed as the tornado xp i think. will know more as i start to tune it, overall i really like this truck.

ewaddell82 01-14-2007 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i also have the tsunami i think its awsome the only thing i dont like are the tires and rims the tires are to soft and the rims crack easily...other than that i like it...i would like to put some new rims and tires on it.... heres a pic of mine....i havent had any problems w/the clutch or the gears i did break the clutch spring but thats a easy fix....

ehroof 01-14-2007 08:38 PM

i have new rims and tires for it, i will put them on tomorrow and see what i think. i am glad to see someone else has the tsunami, i thought i was the only one.

ehroof 01-15-2007 11:49 AM

just FYI, the volcano stx's arms, front and rear are the same as the tsunami's. along with the steering and c hubs.