RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

madmarty 08-18-2008 10:35 PM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

i have also had this problem with this....i replaced it with the kyosho part...backed off on my servo saver...have not had a problem since... i love big air.!!! no clue why it holds up so well.....try it,you'll like it.LOL. by the way, i like to put my r/c's to the max! i, like you, have too see how much torture these machines can take.

Redharris 08-19-2008 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 1marty

i have also had this problem with this....i replaced it with the kyosho part...backed off on my servo saver...have not had a problem since... i love big air.!!! no clue why it holds up so well.....try it,you'll like it.LOL. by the way, i like to put my r/c's to the max! i, like you, have too see how much torture these machines can take.

1Marty.......
Do you have a p/n or what Car its off......
or is it off one of the Trucks Chris was talking about?

madmarty 08-20-2008 09:55 AM

redharris, it is off the kyosho st-rr...here is the part # http://nitrohouse.com/images/Kyosho/ifw304.jpg. it has worked just fine. 98% of the st-rr parts will fit the monsoon, they are great upgrades. the suspension plates are also wonderful.. they have a set screw to hold your hinge pins in...and of course you can find all of these parts on ebay...but you already knew that.lol

vnmsgt 08-20-2008 02:56 PM

I told you they would fit LOL! Nobody ever believed me when I had my monsoon. I even put a Kyosho ST CNC milled out chassis from dragon racing on mine just to show everyone! Glad to hear those other parts fit!

madmarty 08-20-2008 11:05 PM

yes, and thanks to you vnmsgt for that cen dif mod, killer upgrade. i put that mod on, 6 port sleeve...50 tooth st-rr on it, it put the monster in the monsoon..i can beat or keep up with any other name brands out their. it is a true competitor!!!between the monsoon and the hurricane, they are the best money for your buck, imo.

Redharris 08-20-2008 11:26 PM

Chris ......
I remember That Project, but I never saw the Finished Product with the Kyosho Pan......
So it actually all bolted together and ran correctly, huh?

Chris & 1Marty....
And Thanks for the info and Parts confirmation!
You dont know How Many Times I've bought stuff for RC's, thinking it would fit and then having to get rid of it on Ebay cuz it Didn't fit![:@]

Redharris 08-23-2008 11:39 PM

Ok...
Now that I have the Steering plate under control, i need some advice on a Steering servo for Racing.
I need a servo that will give my truugy tires some Snap, and be rugged enough to stand up to constant Practice on a track....
I blew out the Stock servo in a week just Bashing. I replaced it with a Chineese servo of better quality, but its not up to Racing standards.

I know Chris used a JR650 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9935

I am also looking at the ACE servo http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5994

or maybe this Hitech http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6775

Also...Someone told me that DIGITAL is not so great for Racing....Is this True?

Chubbysdad 08-24-2008 08:04 PM

hs5955 great servo and if you cant find that one the new model is 7955

vnmsgt 08-24-2008 08:25 PM

Yes I used the JR 650 then I switched to the hitec 645mg ultra torque. Same torque as the JR 650 and cheaper too. I sell them for 39.99. I like the hitecs better. They do not get as much slop in the gears as the JR ones and they are water resistant. Right now I use the Hitec 5955 with 330oz for torque. Alot more expensive but you will not break them.

motodude11 08-25-2008 04:23 PM

look at tower pro mg 995 got one in my monsoon and two in my lst2 great thus far and cheap too plus metal gears!:D

{GBI}Harryball 08-25-2008 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Yes I used the JR 650 then I switched to the hitec 645mg ultra torque. Same torque as the JR 650 and cheaper too. I sell them for 39.99. I like the hitecs better. They do not get as much slop in the gears as the JR ones and they are water resistant. Right now I use the Hitec 5955 with 330oz for torque. Alot more expensive but you will not break them.
+1 on the hitecc

mcraig8377 08-25-2008 08:36 PM

how can i obtain a functional bumper for the monsoon the stock one is not helping with any asspect of bashing/racing/sanctioned racing need protection and durability around corners. tired of getting overpowered in the turns i have allready had to rebuild the frontend because of a weak and in my view worthless bumper just want this redcat to K.A. and be protected! any information would be greatly appreciated!

madmarty 08-25-2008 09:36 PM

the best bumper is when you don't bump into anything...lol...j/k.... i have heard people putting on the xtm bumper..looks pretty cool, but when you hit something at 1/4 throttle or more, no bumper is going to be forgiving...something is going to give...just keep running and watch out for sudden obsticles...lol...

vnmsgt 08-25-2008 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mcraig8377

how can i obtain a functional bumper for the monsoon the stock one is not helping with any asspect of bashing/racing/sanctioned racing need protection and durability around corners. tired of getting overpowered in the turns i have allready had to rebuild the frontend because of a weak and in my view worthless bumper just want this redcat to K.A. and be protected! any information would be greatly appreciated!
Check out the bumper on the Himoto RXT-1 Truggy. That is the sturdiest bumper I have ever seen on a truggy!

vnmsgt 08-25-2008 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Chris ......
I remember That Project, but I never saw the Finished Product with the Kyosho Pan......
So it actually all bolted together and ran correctly, huh?
Only thing that needed to be done was to flip the throttle and steering servos in opposite directions because the motor sits further up. Also drill out one hole for the Chassis brace (rear I think it was) and 2 holes for the radio tray and box. Also you would have to get the Kyosho ST center driveshafts as they are different lengths then the Redcat because of everything being moved up on the chassis for better weight distribution.

motodude11 08-26-2008 10:40 AM

yea im the one that started the XTM bumper craze and I also use ST-1 side guards an LST roll bar HT SH Pipe and tmaxx xxtra stiff springs on the front shocks. Heres a pic of my monsoon before i got it all dirty:Dhttp://image2-6.rcuniverse.com/e1/ga.../lg-123982.jpg

mcraig8377 08-26-2008 10:49 AM

are all of these bolt on modifications or is there any fabrication here?

motodude11 08-26-2008 04:40 PM

little bit but not too bad ;) the pipes a no brainer, the side guards just need some dremeling to get them to fit right, and the bumper was basically just some drilling and fitting.

mcraig8377 08-26-2008 10:01 PM

how do i obtain these parts SIGN ME UP! this looks like the fix! and what about the crush bar?

motodude11 08-27-2008 10:56 AM

i got my stuff on ebay, its just the XTM mammoth front bumper, Thunder Tiger ST-1 side guards, a Integy LST roll bar (dont recommend very soft aluminum but works well as a handle on this truck) and an SH High torque pipe (from hobbypeople) [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6743375/mpage_2/key_official%2Cmonsoon%2Cthread/tm.htm[/link] go there for the pictures of my xtm bumper install (page 2).

Chubbysdad 08-27-2008 01:10 PM

did you go with the 12 tooth clutchbell yet? also ditch those tires and rims lol

motodude11 08-27-2008 04:25 PM

no i didnt change the bell it just spins the tires like crazy but its got more than enough speed for bashing. Hey i like the rims and tires! bling bling :D

mcraig8377 08-30-2008 09:12 PM

i am wondering if anyone has tried the wildcat fuel that walmart sells in the monsoon/SH.28 engine and what are the specs on this fuel? any information would greatly be appreciated.

chevyderek72 09-01-2008 08:14 PM

i wouldnt use it, go to your local hobby shop and pick up some fuel.

motodude11 09-01-2008 08:20 PM

i use sidewinder and have had good luck with duratrax red alert