RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Monsoon Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/6170916-redcat-monsoon-thread.html)

Chubbysdad 12-16-2007 07:15 PM

RE: Redcats Monsoon Thread

lol just remember its not just the motor. You could still pass me by :)

vnmsgt 12-16-2007 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

lol just remember its not just the motor. You could still pass me by :)
In that case put the stock motor back in your truggy:D I just think you got scared the past two weeks with some fast guys there so you think you need a faster motor;) I see that HOME track advantage getting a little smaller!:D LOL

vnmsgt 12-16-2007 07:29 PM

Also I spoke to benny today and he said you guys were messing with him about getting rid of his truck. I let him drive my monsoon with the new motor and big bore shocks and he is now going to buy a Monsoon!!! Just kidding. He did like it though the way I have it. Was real surprised.

Chubbysdad 12-16-2007 07:49 PM

Bring it.. lol I like a challenge. Billy was doing really well today. Yeah we were messing with him(Benny) for the price he got rid of the truggy I think it was a waste but its not my money :)

vnmsgt 12-16-2007 07:52 PM

He said both of you were doing good. Said you guys ran like 2 tanks through running each other and he did not have to go out and flip. Heard billy wants to get rid of his buggy real cheap too?

Chubbysdad 12-16-2007 07:55 PM

not sure.

twomanytoys 12-16-2007 08:47 PM

What motor does he have?

Chubbysdad 12-16-2007 09:06 PM

I got the radical 621t

vnmsgt 12-16-2007 09:09 PM

There saying it has way more power that alot of .28 motors and its only a .21!

twomanytoys 12-16-2007 09:40 PM

Yah they say 3hp and 38,000 rpm's. Thats one expensive engine also. I have not seen one run but I have read about it.

BIGAIRBEN 12-16-2007 10:27 PM

Iam getin a weed eater motor next just to keep up with you guys :D..I did like the supper mod monsoon but not sure it can take the new Radical 621supercahrgednitro madnessmatrix [&:]

vnmsgt 12-17-2007 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN

Iam getin a weed eater motor next just to keep up with you guys :D..I did like the supper mod monsoon but not sure it can take the new Radical 621supercahrgednitro madnessmatrix [&:]
thats funny!

slayerphonics 12-17-2007 11:57 AM

RE: Initial Impressions of MONSOON truggy.

ORIGINAL: tommie!

Do a search on engine break in and tuning a engine after break in. Take your time and be patient and methodical...also learn about nitro fuel and its properties and nitro engine care.

Also get in the habit of checking for screws or nuts and bolts backing out due to vibration. If you are just starting out in rc, I would recommend driving around on ashphalt for the first bit until you get used to the car and if you ever have screws fall out, you have a better chance of retrieving it!

Screws that screw into metal should have loctite applied to CLEAN threads and screws that screw into plastic can use a little super glue. Loctite is not to be used on plastic as it reacts with the plastic and makes it brittle.

Its the basics really that should be covered by the hobbyist so there are no hidden surprises.

No blue loctight on plastic? Sounds like everyone RC manual better have a reprint they all recommend loctight on many metal screws to plastic parts..

vnmsgt 12-17-2007 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, just upgraded my brakes on my monsoon from 2 disc brakes to 4 disc brakes. Just like the lot more expensive truggies!! Everything just bolted right up 100%. All you need is the disc brake assembly from redcat, PART #81028. It comes with 4 rotors and 8 brake pads. All you have to get extra are 4 longer bolts that hold down the assembly to the diff, about a 1/4" longer. Looks awesome don't you think[8D]

vnmsgt 12-17-2007 07:40 PM

I wonder why they do not come from the factory this way. They are already set up for it.

BIGAIRBEN 12-17-2007 08:56 PM

To much time on your hands!! After all the building on this thing you should go to work for redcat as a r&d rep..!!:D

vnmsgt 12-17-2007 09:49 PM

Like I always say, this truggies got potential with some tuning. I am still waiting for all my royalties to come in after they start selling the monsoon with all the stuff I have done with it. LOL:D Any applications REDCAT??

anthonyodems 12-18-2007 03:17 PM

i no what u mean.i got one too and after break in engine seemed to scream speed need more speed.i thought the high rev was a problem but after initial research i guess this is normal.no matter what i do to it no matter the jump it flies straight and true however,on a small jump it flipped over,broke the front and rear body mount bodies!been two months now trying to get replacement parts another downfall of redcats which needs to be addressed asap.oh and one other thing i went into hobbytown to see about shipment of parts when i noticed they got another monsoon in![:@]this one had aluminum body posts,the chassis braces were beefier than mine(mine has the two aluminum cuts in them,the beefier ones dont) and all for the same price as what i paid for mine![X(]what's the deal here????anybody have that issue?

anthonyodems 12-18-2007 03:42 PM

i have the yellow ofna wheels on mine they are a direct fit!!:D

anthonyodems 12-18-2007 04:08 PM

ofna dish wheels work great

Chubbysdad 12-18-2007 06:54 PM

put the 12 tooth on and it wont scream like that.

vnmsgt 12-18-2007 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: anthonyodems

i no what u mean.i got one too and after break in engine seemed to scream speed need more speed.i thought the high rev was a problem but after initial research i guess this is normal.no matter what i do to it no matter the jump it flies straight and true however,on a small jump it flipped over,broke the front and rear body mount bodies!been two months now trying to get replacement parts another downfall of redcats which needs to be addressed asap.oh and one other thing i went into hobbytown to see about shipment of parts when i noticed they got another monsoon in![:@]this one had aluminum body posts,the chassis braces were beefier than mine(mine has the two aluminum cuts in them,the beefier ones dont) and all for the same price as what i paid for mine![X(]what's the deal here????anybody have that issue?
Some do come different for some reason. I think some might be a batch sent out before a small upgrade, not sure. I do know some have only 3 body post holes, 2 in front and one in back and on those monsoons they are plastic. On others like mine for example had 4 body post holes and aluminum thicker posts. Nothing major, shock towers are the same, just the mounts are bolted to them and are aluminum. Try contacting clermont hobby to see if he can get you the parts. [link]http://www.clermontmotorsports.com[/link] He is pretty good about getting parts.

motodude11 12-21-2007 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys just thought you might want to see my latest mod to my monsoon a mammoth bumper!!!

vnmsgt 12-21-2007 01:43 PM

Good Idea. Looks nice. Almost factory!

motodude11 12-21-2007 02:24 PM

yea almost lol:D