Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Debonair 2.4 ant. Placement

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Debonair 2.4 ant. Placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 05:07 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Debonair 2.4 ant. Placement

I'm just finishing up my Debonair SPAD. I still have a few more things to do but hope to fly it next month. I am just getting back into RC and 2.4 radios are new to me. On a PVC spad, do you place the antenna inside or do you run the 2 antennas outside of the fuselage? If anyone can post a picture of their installation I would appreciate it.

Attached is a picture of my model. I did make a few mistakes but nothing major.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2055796  
Old 12-17-2014, 03:57 PM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really doesn't matter as long as you don't have any metal or carbon fiber blocking the antennae. On the ones with the short antenna on one side and the long antenna on the other side, I've taped the long antenna down both inside and outside the fuselage. I've always put the antennae at right angles to each other, but don't know if that really matters. Some say yes, some say no. On the receivers with a short antenna on each side, I've just velcro'd them to the side of the fuse and it worked out just fine.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:06 PM
koolhand51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 2.4 has 1 ant ,receiver Velcro`d down ant layed behind it! By the way nice looking plane!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Most of the pictures I've seen were of the old radios with the long wire antenna. Giving it some thought I am leaning towards outside the fuselage. My Futaba manual says to install the 2 antennas at right angle to each other. So that is how I will do it. Thanks for the help. koolhand51 thanks for the kind words on my plane. The picture does not show some mistakes I made.

This plane will be for my re- entry into RC. I have the material to build another after this one. I'm sure this one will have some scrapes on it in time.