Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

You wont beleave its Coro!

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

You wont beleave its Coro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Ace Bogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You wont beleave its Coro!

lol
don't worrie i'am asking my club if i can post some plans
or the techniques we use
Old 01-07-2004, 08:22 PM
ChrisSpad

2 much, for once i agree with you. but, i'd still bet that hundred bucks that you won't find anything that's not been done before.

I just love it when a kid picks a fight with adults, then whines thats he's a kid when someone calls him on it. Ace, if you wanna play with the big boys, learn to act like one.

I assure you, i wasn't attacking you, if i were attacking you, you'd have no doubt about it. I was merely calling it as i see it, and trying to relieve some of the folks worries that they are missing out on some new super secret building method. You were the one that made the statement, and continue to back it.

Since you state that the plane's aren't yours in the first place, its not your right to post how they're built. Following that logic, they really weren't yours to post pics of here in the first place, and taunt others with either, were they?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:23 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

You don't have to do it for me....just trying to help the other guys out.

Looking at how much time you spent building that coro spitfire....I'd probably just use a Top Flite balsa kit and be done with it. What you have there is not what SPAD means to me. What you have there is a SPAD that you've engineered all the EDF back into. I think I'd be just as much afraid to fly that as one I built from balsa.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Ace Bogie

okokok
dude
i did not whine at all in this forum what i said was a question.

and ya dude you were attacking me.... you posted something to try hurt me..(not in a physical way) and the last time I checked thats attacking some one, in your case you are attacking my character.

and oh ya the planes we build don't take that long to do.. once you get the technique down you can have the basic plane done in a night (thats without paint our electronics) so really its worth it because the design really make the plane more durable and easy to fix.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Ace Bogie

ChriseSpad,
(i know this sounds childish)
In fact i think this hole argument is!
I truly think you are being more childish then I am. for not even I would hold a grudge against someone for that long.
I have said what i wan'ted to say. and if you wan't to post more thing that are trying to bring me down . lol. go right ahead.
I just won't reply to your posts if there going to start a fight

and if you say that i'am backing out because i only a kid that bit off more then he could chew.
i'll be more of a man then you because I could say YEAH i was wrong to said in that post and apologize for it.
and end this argument!
Old 01-07-2004, 10:47 PM
O2man
My Feedback: (5)

Children, Children, Children!

A very wise man once said, "There is nothing new under the Sun." Making a SPAD is the same technique a paper plane. Look at the sites that promote paper planes and be amazed. A SPAD uses the same techniques. If that is not enough do a Google on "origami".
Old 01-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Bunkerbuster

It is never a good idea to take credit for a pregnancy or Spad you didn't create.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Ace Bogie

i never really wan'ted to take any credit in any thing.
I made this post because i thought people would be interested in what my club was doing with spads
and maybe encourage people to push the spads farther
and also to see if any one else had any thing like ours.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ace Bogie, the reason you are experiencing hostility is simple. You showed a plane using some kind of 'new' building technique, and SPAD is all about sharing. I spent more time creating a thread and showing how to build my Cor-Star 60, then it actually took me to build the plane. Why did I do it? Because I felt obligated to give the SPAD community something back, after using THEIR ideas to create the Cor-Star. That's called 'Appreciation', perhaps you've heard of it?

If you want to show, and not tell, fine. But I don't think you will get a very warm reception around here. But you know what I really think? I think you just get a kick out of people begging for your methods, and holding them back. And I bet it's all been done before. Maybe that is why you won't reveal your methods, because you know they've been done before, and then you would look foolish.

I thought I had 'invented' a few new things with coro when I built the Cor-Star, things like the turtledeck method and the grinding of flutes to give a thin skin for a wrap, etc. Turns out, they've all been done before. Thankfully I didn't brag about these methods, just showed em to the good folks in SPAD, who (mostly) already knew about them. I seriously doubt, with the years SPAD has been around, and the hundreds of brilliant and resourceful SPADers out there, that ANYTHING 'new' could be done with coroplast. I'm sure it's all been tried and tested. If your buddy thinks he is going to get rich selling these things for $100, he is sorely mistaking.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Ace Bogie

holy Fubar!!!
I don't wan't another fight.. i would like to show how we do it.
I even asked the designer for our coro wing if i could
this is his reply

!QUOT!Message:
Hey
some people on RCU really wan't to know our building techniques.... and I wanted to know if any one cares if i posted them. ACE Bogie!QUOT!

actulay yes i would mind , i realy do not want ot let people know exacly how to make my wings etc bodys i dotn realy care about but its to our advantage to keep it quiet persay.. however if you feel you need to let them know how to by all means o ahead, i realy dont think you can put it in words how mike and i build our planes..

Midair!QUOT!

so you see its not my info to give out
and its not me who wan't to keep a secret

like holy Sh!!!!
I'am just a kid who thought people would be interested
NOT A KID WHO GETS HIS KICKS OUT OF HOLDING INFO BACK
like ***

and for the guy who is selling those planes doesn't want to get rich
from selling them. he has only sold a couple to club members that don't have the time to build

I can't believe you people.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Spadinator

2MUCHTHROW..

Count me in on contributing to the reverse engineering!!!![>:]
Old 01-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Ace Bogie

I have taken all the pictures of the planes because if some one finds out how to do it from those pictures every one in my club would pretty mad at me......

and can i ask one more thing

Can you stop putting words into my mouth
because i never wan'ted any of this
all i wanted to do is show you what my club was doing, Because 'I' personally have never seen it done be for
and thought it was cool and thought other people would find it cool too.

And people started by saying I was
trying to boast about it
or trying to take credit for other people's planes
or trying to get kicks out of holding back info
and i am not saying that no one else has done this be for

these are all things people have been putting into my mouth. and i am sorry if it looked that way!
I can't be responsible for what or how other people interpret this forum

All i want to do is clear this whole thing up
And i do not want to fight about it
GOD PEOPLE ITS A HOBBY
ITS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT HAVING FUN
Old 01-08-2004, 06:33 PM
ChrisSpad

Deadeye said it very well. You came in, bragged about how your club built these great planes, and then wanted to know if anyone does anything similar. But, then when everyone said well, how's it done? You said "oh, i can't tell". If you can't see why that upsets people, your an idiot.

In the last 4 years, i've built a couple hundred spads, even built and sold arf's for awhile. Of those Spads, i've never, not a single time, refused to tell anyone who asked how i built them. Every combat arf that i sold i had printed plans available free on my site (still do, for that matter). That doesn't mean i've always provided detailed plans to every plane, but i've never ever refused to share a building technique, nor will i ever.

Now try real hard to understand this: By posting pics of a plane, and then bragging about how it was built, you obligated yourself to disclose how it was built, for better or worse. Your first mistake was posting someone else's plane, your second was refusing to ellaborate on how its built. I've been nice to you so far, (even though you think i was "attacking" you). I've not called you a single name, or said anything that wasn't the absolute truth. You've called me names, accused me of having things up my butt, etc, and i've not called you a single name, other than kid (which you like to use as a defense when someone calls you on something).

I could care less whether you share how the plane was built or not. If i wanted to build one, i promise you i could, with no input from you or your secretive buddy. My only qualm is with your attitude, and total ignorance of the Spad spirit.

If anyone wants to build a scale warbird, i can give you 4 real nice ones to start from:

Corostang:
http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/Corostang/

Corospit:
http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/Corospit/

Dave West's Mig 7:
http://stevesarlls.homestead.com/spa...Plans/mig7.zip (right click and save as)

Peter Bachan's TA 152:
http://spadworld.net/combat/bachan[1].zip (right click and save as)

UsedSkidoo's Corsair:
http://members.rogers.com/delbelbelluz/

There's a p-39, and p-40 on www.rcspads.com as well as a couple of the above.
As you can see, there's lots of good scale plans out there. Don't sweat these guys thinking they've got the inside scoop. More times than not, anything thats overhyped is just that, overhyped.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Tattoo

Here's a few cool scale Spad fighters which fit the title of this thread perfectly [8D]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31321.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	88814  
Old 01-08-2004, 07:15 PM
ChrisSpad

someone emailed me this, and as it was originally posted by someone on rccanada, i suspect this is Ace's big secret.
Cut a profile fuse out of coro, then glue foam to it, and sand it to shape. Possibly cover with 2 mil, or just paint. Whatever. Its along way from new, but not a bad way to build a plane.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
JuniorPilot

Chris thats how usedskidoos makes his corsairs. and quite frankly i personally think this thread has become a total waste no one is going to prove anything even if you aren't trying to or you are it doesn;t matter spad is about fun rc planes is about fun you go to the field you have dun me personally i think if someone is willing to learn you should tell them if no one answered my questions no matter how dumb or good the question was on any of the forums or at the field I wouldn't have a clue about rc related stuff I come to these forums with my questions and to help others out and so should everyone else I understand what everyone is saying here and I don't to add to the fire but I think this should just be dropped and forgotten about!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Ace Bogie

THANK YOU!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Ace Bogie

ok you guys know what

I'am guessing the easiest way to end this is just to say

wait for it...

waaaiiitt ffooor itt...

I GIVE UP
because its pretty clear that no one is going to let up on me
YOU BEAT ME

EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERY ONE IS PISSED AT ME
and i think all of you should be proud of your self
and i want every singal one of you have a great day

Old 01-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Ace Bogie

PS....

you guys were not even close one how we do it.....................
meh if you think i'am not telling the truth and saying this because of some dumb reason

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I DON"T CARE ANY MORE
Old 01-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Spadinator

I know something you dont!!!!![:-]
Old 01-08-2004, 11:17 PM
cbreeze
My Feedback: (26)

I just gotta put my .02 in this thing. Not to gang up on AceBogie but this is how I see it.

I have been involved in RC for about 7 years now and am also getting back into plastic modeling. Most everything I know about RC and all I want to learn about plastic modeling I have got, or will probably get, off the internet in different forums like RCU. This is all due to the fact that there are a great number of people out there willing to share their knowledge and experiences with others. To make a long story short, I have spent a ton of hours on the internet going through a geat number of forums and threads soaking up information voluntarily posted out there by others. The only post I ever saw by someone having information and not willing to share it with others, is the one by AceBogie. When I initially read about his "secret" process it did rub me the wrong way but I kind of just ignored it. I have been watching this thread get a little heated and I don't intend to add to the frey. Just wanted to say that AceBogie should not be surprised at the responses he has been getting.

The world is filled with all kinds of people. There are people like AceBogie who doesn't get it and then there are people like Kraut and Tattoo who have helped me and I am sure countless others. Kraut and Tattoo will have a following and a reputation, guys like AceBogie will just have a reputation. Nuff said.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:34 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Ace....why did you edit out the photos of your planes from the original posts...???
Old 01-09-2004, 06:27 AM
emailbanter
My Feedback: (2)

Ace Bogie,

Have you considered the Federal government's witness protection program? If I were you, I'd start all over again and ditch your sign on name (like you did before) and get another. Once done, behave right, don't taunt and tease others with spad designs you either can't or won't share with outhers. Just consider it a lesson learned and enjoy the site but do yourself a favor and stop saying the building and construction designs of these planes are secret and you can't give them out. Everyone's tired of it and perhaps it's time you did your homework anyway.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Ace Bogie

OKKK

THE ONLY REASON I AM POSTING ON THOS FORUM AGAIN IS TO SET PEOPLE STRAIGHT

I DON T NOT WHY PEOPLE ARE MADE AT ME FOR NOT GIVVING OUT HOW WE DO BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO
BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE THAT SPADS ARE FOR SHARING. BUT ONCE AGAIN MY CLUB DOES NOT WAN'T ME TELLING

SO I AM RESPECTING THERE DESCION, LIKE SOOOO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

AND FOR 2MUCHTHROW

THE ONLY REASON I DID THAT WAS BECAUSE IF SOMEONE FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT FROM MY PICTURE
ON THIS FORUM
MANY MEMBER AND FREINDS WILL ALSO TURN ON ME

SO YOU ALL SEE IT NOT THAT I AM SELFISH
ITS NOY THAT I AM A AS$ WHOLE

SO WHY DON'T WE ALL SHUT UP

WHO CARES REALLY?
I'VE STOPED CARING BECAUSE THIS IS A HOBBY I ENJOY

AND NOT ONE I WAN'T TO HAVE A FIGHT IN

AND I ONCE AGAIN SAY

ITS A HOBBY PEOPLE
ITS ABOUT HAVING FUN
Old 01-09-2004, 12:19 PM
FrankC29

If it's just a hobby, if it's just about having fun, why the secrets? You may want to ask your buddies that question. This isn't the H-Bomb, it's a model airplane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.