Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

You wont beleave its Coro!

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

You wont beleave its Coro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 03:26 AM
deadeye11987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You wont beleave its Coro!

Well I have to post.
Ace Boggie apparently has shown our little web site up here from the Cobble Hills Fighter Group.All of our designs are made from wood and blue foam. We got tired of shoveling the field from foam and balsa so other people could fly.I was not going to continue with combat because the coro aircraft are for the most part not 10% scale ,and I say this not so much in conforming to wing spans and such but rather the finished aircraft did not have the "right" shapes to them ,wings not proper top view square noses ect.
Alex and myself then decided to see if our shapes could be converted over to coro and retain the apperance of the wooden models.We feel we have come close enough to maintain interest in continuing as the building time has been greatly reduced.Our wings such as a Spit or Tony can be built complete with servo installed ready to fly or paint in under 1 hour.The fuses can be done in about 4 hours.We have been contacted and asked !!!! to build these models for people in our immediate area and the price was offered to us not set by us so for that kind of money we have built some for other clubs in the area.Now to the problem at hand.First of all what Ace Boggie has said about wanting to keep the methods secret comes from a wish by myself and Alex to give us a chance to get plans and maybe short kits available around this immediate area, it in no way NO WAY was intended to apply to a discussion forum,as we had no idea that it had made it to one of these forums.So since the cat is out of the bag so to speak if there is enough interest in these airplanes from the people here I will repost and give a quick walk through on how these are being built.
I will also say that up untill yesterday I did not even know this forum existed and have learned nothing from it or from a so called spad site. Alex brought the coro Junk over and we started from scratch a little bit at a time fixing things up untill the finished product looked right. Then guess what we had to go and get them to fly properly one design to another which brings up the second and most important problem. TIME TIME TIME I work 50 hours per week and we also fly every weekend even going around police who have closed roads because of snow as today a white Tony flying in 35 mph wind with heavy snow squalls I still got two cuts that I could see, with 5 other pilots flying or trying to as well.So as of right now there are no plans per say just patterns from the enlarged 3 views of the real aircraft.We are working on this but I have no idea when I will have building info and a set of plans available.Just the way my life goes however I do have 7 models available with un sheeted blue foam wings and laminated plans and building info for sale ,but anyone who flys combat knows just how useless wooden airplanes are so forget I even mentioned it.
So there it is ,if enough people seem interested I will give a walk through on how to build these planes and materials used. The carbon fibre and titanium are just two of the reasons the price seems so HIGH. I will be notified by e-mail about the response to this post.I hope I have cleared up any misunderstanding that Ace Boggie created about keeping everything secret .

Sincerly Mike" Deadeye" Allen
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 AM
coro

Well, Ace. Big of you to apologize somewhere in the middle of this thread. I thought you were taking some unnecessarily hard knocks, and still managed to keep it together, Good on ya kid!
You probably do have legitimate reasons for keeping the info to yourself, especially if someone is basing sales on the secret. Fact is most of us won't buy one of the $100 spads your club sells, and we will get by w/o knowing the secret to the elliptical Spitfire wing, but heck it still would be nice to know!!?? Besides if word gets out on the elliptical wing, it won't be long before someone finds an even better way to ellipt it! And that will help us all.

Below is my buddies Spit with an elliptical tip and a two fold L.E. Looks incredibly real in the air!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63276.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	89808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90255.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	89809   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28151.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	89810  
Old 01-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Spadinator

Awesome post...Thanks!!! I do have an interest in how they are done because I am always open to new building techniques. When you get a chance to do a walk through I will be waiting!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:47 AM
deadeye11987

Have to go ,talk to ya later
Old 01-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Ace Bogie

Thanks a bunch Mike
I really needed some one to clear this up a bit
Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 PM
emailbanter
My Feedback: (2)

Ok Sean,

Glad someone from your flying club spoke up but it's still a bit disappointing that you didn't make the planes yourself. After looking over your club site and planes constructed, all I can see is myself flying one of those sleek coro planes (albeit with foam wings but that's ok).

http://londoncombat.homeip.net/london/main.html
Old 01-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Ace Bogie

Lol
here is one i'am working on
It should be ready in a couple days
all I have to do is redo the wing struts to scale
and make a turtle deck with cockpit

but other than that and a paint job the Fokker D7 should be ready for carnage next Sunday
and if any one wan'ts plans I can maybe try and make some up, because this is my own design!
it will be a while be for i get around to doing so.

Name:	Pn37686.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	90060  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:37 AM
rchawaii

And I suppose we're supposed to take yer word for it. [>:]
Old 01-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Ace Bogie

yeah
it might take me a bit because i have never made plans for the Internet be for soooo
i'll have to learn..[:@]
Old 01-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Spadguy
My Feedback: (1)

I know who I'm gonna call when I need to have someone investigated.
Chris...I need you for a gig.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 AM
JakeCarter

Hey Ace that's a nice looking plane, looking forward to the plans. Mike, we're all looking forward to getting more details on the build process, thanks for coming to the board and posting. You guys are building some great looking planes and I'm sure many here will benefit from what you guys have learned.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:27 AM
lecrote
My Feedback: (1)

Just to put my nose in that post.

I will try that, the wing is foam covered with a kind of vinyl (sign vinyl or monocote).

Or a kind of vacuum formed.

Just a try
Dan
Old 01-14-2004, 01:31 AM
coro

Nice D-7 Ace. If you don't have time for the plans then just post a bunch of pictures from all kinds of angles. If you remember, then take some pictures during construction too. Most of us can build from a good picture. It will help if you tell us the span of the wings and the length of the fuse. As we all know most plans can be found on the net, so don't sweat the actual schematic.

Lots of good plans on this site...

http://www.airwar.ru/other/drawe.html

The D-7 photo is awesome, and I think I could build one from a few pictures and some dimensions.
Nice job.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:49 AM
Ace Bogie

Thanks guys

i try and get as many pics as i can on this one.
and if it flys ill get some good building pics for ya

i'am almost done now, all i have to do is finish up the wing struts and put some cover on and put one a shinny new paint coat

and oh yeah, can any one give me suggestions on witch color scheme to use.
My only problem is.... i like them all..
Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
deadeye11987

I will in my spare time on a new thread titled MK -1 Spit start to explain how these wings are built. The model that I am holding is also pictured in flight on page 3 of this fourm under the heading of new coro wing design by I believe ozmo.I will go through this 1 step at a time so any one following this can reproduce this wing exactly or as close to exactly as they like.Everyone who wishes to build one will need to pick up a copy of Spitfire in Action from Squadron publications and have some way of enlarging the 3 views of the MK-1 AND2 spit.I have used both the photo copier machine and a computer scanner .You will also need 2 and 4 mill silver coro.As the plane gets smashed around the paint will chip off here and there and help in the weathering or battle damage look. The model has had 5 mid airs and one full power straight in to frozen ground and is on its 4th kraft motor mount and still looks and flies like it did originally,with a few more of the above mentioned paint chips.This model with a modified Thunder Tiger flys well enough to turn with the Mig 7 High altitude coroplast design no small feat with just a 10% enlargement.The wing is completely coro with the option of wooden wingtips for a super detailed finish. I am trying to get a MK-7 high altitude spit finished to see if the extended wing on that plane will let the model turn inside of one of the Migs.See you on the new thread shortly.
Mike Deadeye Allen

Name:	Lj23232.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	90469  
Old 01-14-2004, 02:18 PM
coro

That Spit wing looks incredible! And it's all Coro? And strong enough to endure all those crashes/mid-airs? I'm off to your other link to check it out....
Old 01-15-2004, 02:24 PM
coro

Couldn't find anything...
Please tell us in painstaking detail, with pics, how you built that spitfire elliptical wing.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:07 PM
deadeye11987

The spit wing building info is under spad aircraft design I have started it but am very busy so it will take a few days to complete

Name:	Ax73095.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	90928  
Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 AM
MidAir01

Hello all, I am glad you all like our coro planes. they look good and fly even gooder.. i am glad this foram is around it can be helpfull to many people that are intrested in starting up in coro. i will try my best to help everyone out. as for plans there are non to speak of its all in myselfs and deadeyes head, it is to much work to make full sets up so on that not we will try to help as best as we can . Sorry again if i came off grumpy or anythign you might think of me, in my defence i never new about spad till this year i have found out how to build all my creations all on my owne its just funny that i did not know about spad ,iv would have hade these planes 2 years ago if i did. so i guess we are 2 years behind,, guess id better get workign and catch up on 2 years of down time..HA HA funny joke.. Happy building everyone..
Old 03-04-2004, 12:51 AM
SHOCKWAVE 1

hey guys lolololo it sure was fun reading this thread lololollololol oh here are my new warbirds

Name:	Tr50282.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	107588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56861.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	107589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18461.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	107590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi17352.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	107591  
Old 03-04-2004, 12:58 AM
SHOCKWAVE 1

ooops here is the corsair of "Bent"

Name:	Hf10227.gif
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	107593  
Old 03-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Quicker

Default RE: RE: You wont beleave its Coro!

My wife would shoot me if I hung my airplanes off the lights!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:49 AM
SHOCKWAVE 1

Default RE: RE: You wont beleave its Coro!

my old lady rocks dude so np there :-)