Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design
Reload this Page >

Assembly Tips ? Flying Tips ?? for 'GNAT ARTF'

Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

Assembly Tips ? Flying Tips ?? for 'GNAT ARTF'

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 05:03 PM
DragonHeart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assembly Tips ? Flying Tips ?? for 'GNAT ARTF'

Hi Guys,

Ive just brought (very cheaply ) a ALMOST READY TO FLY"...(ARF)..."GNAT" a SSC legal combat plane kit by FX DESIGNS from ebay as i had a spare .15 engine lying around waiting for a home and this look interesting........

I normally fly scale warbirds etc, soo this is my first combat plane... can anyone give me any adivce on this kit ? ie : Buliding or flying tips etc i would be grateful...........

Are these planes quite fast to fly ? i gather this will need micro servos etc....................

This is a pic of the plane itself.

Thx for anyhelp, or replys in advance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52496.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	106333  
Old 02-29-2004, 08:39 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Default RE: Assembly Tips ? Flying Tips ?? for 'GNAT ARTF'

This little plane flies nice. The members of our club are all using standard servos.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:37 AM
bulletbob

Go to spadtothebone.com and look under originals for the Gnat and follow their directions for setting up the plane. It is not teriibly fast and is easy to fly. look at the HOR if you also want a faster easy fly SSC plane. Enjoy
Old 03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
bhole74

I didn't have much luck with a 15 and std. servos (Norvel 15, 7x6 APC@147000 RPM). They do fly great with a 25, though.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Barland

We have been flying this plane most of the winter in "combat" at our club. I think you will have a good time with it. Most of the flyers have found they like it better with the CG moved from the recommended 4 1/4 to 3 3/4 inch on the wing. We have been using OS 15LAs with an 8 X 3 prop turning 17,500 RPM and they fly!! We have a new web site coming up in our area, and I believe you will be able to find a couple of articles on this plane in the next few days. Take a look at [link]http://www.wildwingscombat.com/[/link] and you should soon be able to find more information. DickB
Old 03-03-2004, 07:47 PM
avistar181

i built one from the one page plan on the spadtothebone.com website and i put a 40 FP in it. It a quick little bugger but I would definatly move the center of gravity foreward probably 3/4 to and inch. Whenever i throttle up, the thing pulls verticle and wont stop. i am using standard servos and it weighs probably in the range of 2-3 pounds with all the gear on it. I love it though. I built 2 spads before this and this is the first one that can actually fly like and regular airplane. I plan on really putting through the test and beating my freinds SPA3D to the groud!!