Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

BUHOR FLEW!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Mitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUHOR FLEW!!!

Good afternoon folks.
Last week i finished my BUHOR and today I took it out on the field.
I didnt get to fly it but one of the more experienced pilots @ our club did.He brought it up in the air,flew left and right..Of course ,being my first scratch built airplane it had a few problems..The biggest was a tail-heavy.Even though i know it was designed like this,I made a few changes to it,,guess made it worse.Bobby said it was really bad so when 'bout half tank burned out it was really really bad but over all it flew!I got so excited ,been smilin like a hero there on a field.Also my landing gear was a bit weak.I made it out of stainless steel wire (3/16) that i got from work.Well,I made it too tall(too much prop clearance)So now ill probably make an alluminum out of the sheet.Or might even buy me a built one.Anyways,buhor flew and I got satisfiyed with result of my 2 weekend worth of man-hours
SPAD RULES!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Wufnu
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: BUHOR FLEW!!!

Congratulations Mitty!

"I made a few changes to it"

Heh, that's the Spad spirit!

"guess made it worse"

Lesson learned

Do you have any pictures or videos?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Dale Chesak

That’s Great Mitty…
This is what is all about – “Having Fun” – Its nice to fly something that you built yourself… Sound like the problems you had were just minor ones – CG can easily be fixed – landing gear and easily be re-made… I too would like to see some pictures…

Let us know how the next flight goes…
Old 03-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Mitty

I crashed it today and bent the fuse.I dont think i will be re-using the fuse but i'll save a wing.I will build a gutetr pipe version next time.Still iam going to use a .61 size.and pictures..I'll take some in a daylight.I call it ugly prince.
Thanks for support,fellow spadders.
have a good night
Old 03-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Mitty

Here is some pics of my Ugly Prince .These pics were taken before last crash,so now it dont looks like that anymore.As i mentioned above,I'll be disasembling the fuse,salvaging all i could but will build a debonair with gutter pipe,sticking to original .40 size design so will keep y'all posted.Oh yeah,the .61 supertigre will be flying that .40 sized debonair...[>:]
Mitty.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35581.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	116416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80924.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	116417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66333.jpg
Views:	17